- Conduct research and support the technical assistance efforts of the industrial program. Represent ACEEE externally in relevant areas of research.
- Coordinate project work for small- and medium-sized projects in collaboration with other staff as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., state and federal policy, utilities) to advance their research, documentation, or other needs.
- Research the impact of products on helping customers reduce energy use and GHGs (e.g., handprint analysis) in areas such as information technology and computing.
- Track energy efficiency and carbon emissions policy developments.
- Support peer groups of utilities, industrial companies, NGOs, and other convening partners to help them advance energy efficiency and carbon reductions.
- Coordinate with other ACEEE subject-matter experts.
- Provide support and-for some projects-leadership for industrial program staff. Work may include data collection, data entry, and meeting logistics.
- Provide input on and help implement work plans; help the industry team reach milestones.
- Develop and deliver presentations on research projects and their connections to policy priorities.
- Write and document research findings; contribute to reports, white papers, and other written products.
The senior analyst will help steer research with high visibility and impact in the energy efficiency, technology, and policy communities. The position will offer opportunities to collaborate on cross-cutting research with experts from other ACEEE programs and to develop expertise and management experience on one or more energy efficiency topics. Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail. The senior analyst will conduct research dealing with complex quantitative and qualitative data; good spreadsheet analysis skills are essential.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. The senior analyst will contribute to detailed research reports, white papers, fact sheets, and regulatory comments, and to presentation materials including formal presentations, webinars, and blog posts.
- Project management and leadership. The senior analyst may coordinate and manage small- and medium-sized projects in collaboration with other staff.
- Organizational and project coordination skills . The position requires coordinating work on complex, long-term projects. The senior analyst should be able to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills . The senior analyst will coordinate and collaborate with ACEEE staff members on cross-cutting research projects and interact with external colleagues and partners. Research may include interviewing external experts as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, self-starter. The senior analyst will need to demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently.
- Tech-savvy and quick learner . The senior analyst will need to consult with other ACEEE staff to stay apprised of energy efficiency policies and programs. They will also supply content to pages on ACEEE's website and support virtual meetings and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in social, political, environmental, or natural sciences
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, or a master's degree and 3 years of experience, or a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience in social, political, environmental, or natural science
- Experience dealing with complex quantitative and qualitative data; strong spreadsheet analysis skills
- Rigorous coursework in public policy analysis, environmental science, economics, and/or mathematics and natural sciences
- Lead analyst/ author of one or more peer reviewed reports/publications
- Interest in industrial policy
Preferred start date:
- Experience with, or sound knowledge of, energy efficiency, GHG emissions reduction technologies, and industry
- Experience studying the impact of products on helping customers reduce energy use and GHGs (e.g., handprint analysis) in areas such as information technology and computing
- Demonstrated passion for clean energy, environmental issues, and/or engaging with federal or state policymakers
As soon as possible, based in Washington, DC. Currently remote (work from home) with the potential for remaining remote. Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $59,727 - $74,659. ACEEE's generous benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; transportation and bike-share benefits; three weeks of vacation in the first year and four weeks thereafter. To apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and brief (1-2 pages) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
and use "Senior Analyst, Industry" in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
(ACEEE), a nonprofit research organization, develops policies to reduce energy waste and combat climate change. Its independent analysis advances investments, programs, and behaviors that use energy more effectively and help build an equitable clean energy future.
529 14th Street NW, Ste. 600
Washington, DC 20045
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter and other important news from ACEEE.