Cell Biology Scientist
Buffalo, New York
Buffalo, New York is on the eastern shore of Lake Erie, just south of Niagara Falls. Buffalo is home to two professional sports teams - the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres - and a thriving and progressive music and arts scene. Most famously, the Buffalo wing was invented in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. Whether you are looking to relocate or are a current resident, job opportunities in Buffalo are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking a Cell Biology Scientist. The ideal candidate will need to be excited by the fast-paced environment, engaged while performing multiple roles, and possess a versatile set of technical skills.
Cell Biology Scientist Responsibilities:
- Culture cell lines for required experimental objectives.
- Perform cell-based assays and PCR methods to determine viral infectivity and titers.
- Assist in the development of methods to enhance AAV and LV production in mammalian and insect expression systems.
- Learn and execute viral particle characterization assays.
- Work in a matrix environment to conceive, design, and implement strategies to address current challenges associated with virus production and downstream characterization assays.
- Will maintain accurate lab notebooks and training files in accordance with relevant standards to support patent application and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
- Perform literature searches related to products under development and new idea generation.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot problems and understand unmet needs.
- Will make contributions to scientific literature and conferences and comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
Cell Biology Scientist Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Cell Biology, Virology or relevant scientific discipline.
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience with mammalian or insect cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Current laboratory techniques including transient transfection, PCR, quantitative real-time PCR, ELISA, and other relevant assays.
- Knowledge of transient mammalian (plasmid) and insect (baculovirus) systems for protein expression and virus production a plus.
- Experience with flow cytometry a plus.
- Experience with AAV purification and downstream characterization assays a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of completing tasks within established timelines.
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.