Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change TM every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality. We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™SUMMARY OF ROLE
Maxeon is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to be responsible for inspiring and sustaining an EH&S culture as a core value of Maxeon. The position is responsible for ensuring EH&S compliance in support of Maxeon Research and Development (R&D) at its San Jose, California development site. The EH&S Manager provides day-to-day leadership, working with the Maxeon R&D team. It is critical that the EH&S Manager has practical, successful experience working within the semiconductor/semiconductor equipment industry and can demonstrate skills that will bring value to the research and development team.
The successful candidate must be a hands-on, proactive, working manager. It is expected that they shall take ownership of EHS duties at our San Jose site, collaborating directly with the R&D and facilities teams to effect change as needed. To accomplish this, they shall:
· Periodically audit physical operations, work practices, etc. and report results, identifying actions required·
Drive essential change interactively·
Be the focal point for EHS and compliance-related questions and answers·
Improve EHS business processes and documentation as necessary·
Manage critical regulatory documents, inspections, compliance, permitting, etc.·
Be an active participant in the process, equipment, and facilities design, and acquisitionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement effective programs for maintaining, enhancing, and fostering an Incident and Injury Free safety culture.
· Conduct daily, monthly, and quarterly EHS inspections.
· Leads EHS committees and teams and facilitates their activities.
· Coordinate effective training programs to ensure EHS compliance.
· Ensure compliance of safety showers and eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, exhaust systems, fume hoods, etc.
· Train and manage the Emergency Response Teams.
· Oversee key programs such as Ergonomics, Electrical Safety, Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Equipment Safety, and Machine Guarding.
City, County, State, National Regulatory & Compliance
· Assure EH&S is implemented and maintained for R&D, with emphasis on core regulatory compliance, assuring the facility and operation operate within applicable policies and procedures.
· Responsible for all regulatory compliance, including air permits, wastewater treatment & discharge, hazardous materials, stormwater, OSHA, and internal policies.
· Stay abreast of current (EPA, OSHA, BAAQMD, CAL OSHA, CAL EPA) and emerging laws, regulations, and trends in environment and safety.
· Oversee chemical approval program and Safety Data Sheets, OSHA logs, EH&S-related files, and associated paperwork (manifests, permits, etc.)
· Responsible for compliance with city fire regulations, including oversight of signage, detection and alarm systems, fire extinguisher inspections, and emergency response team.
· Oversee hazardous waste collection and disposal to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal regulations.
· Oversee solid and hazardous wastes recycling (modules, coupons, silicone, glass, etc.) programs.
· Directly support the R&D team in process equipment design review and safely implementing new technologies and equipment.
· Collaborate with other functional peer groups to achieve goals and complete projects at the R&D and corporate levels, especially the R&D Facilities Daily/Weekly Manager peer group.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in the selection of materials that are resistant to UV exposure, corrosion, and high temperatures.
- Evaluate the resistance of systems to wind, snow, ice, and other environmental stresses
- Determine root cause(s) and failure mode(s) for problems discovered post-deployment
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders (written and verbal)
- Evaluate and analyze data from diverse sources to assess the performance of systems in development or operation
- Define and document component/interface/system functional requirements, specific requirements (drawings and specifications), FMEAs, test plans, and test results
- Participate in 8D / CAPA problem-solving projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams working to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated when the task or project does not require collaboration
· BS in science, engineering, or a relevant environmental, health, and safety curriculum.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of EH&S experience in the solar, semiconductor, electronic, or related industry including at least 3 years of managing EH&S staff.
- Strong knowledge of the semiconductor, electronics, and construction industries, with emphasis on photovoltaic/solar energy products.
- Strong technical and regulatory background in environment, health, and safety.
- Solid knowledge of relevant EH&S-related federal (EPA, OSHA, DOT, etc.), state (Cal-OSHA, DTSC, RWQCB, etc.), and local laws (BAAQMD, Richmond and San Jose Ordinances, applicable county codes, etc.).
· Master's degree or equivalent years of experience is desirable
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external individuals, including the ability to write reports, policies, and procedures.
· Computer literate in Microsoft products: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Possess leadership skills that can generate cooperation and progress across different functions within the organization.
· Must be goal-oriented, metrics driven, and give emphasis to meeting target dates in a timely manner.Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by national, federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.