About the JobTree Nerd Wanted!
We are seeking an individual that shares our core value of ‘creating a healthy urban forest for our future', and is looking for an opportunity to bring that core value to communities large and small. This position is available for an individual who wants to be part of a team that works daily to promote healthy and mature trees by providing expert arboriculture knowledge and urban forestry principles. Relevant experience for this position could include, but is not limited to, working in a municipality as an arborist, with a non-profit organization, or as an environmental data analyst. This position will be based out of our Pasadena office, with the flexibility to work remotely. The position will require travel, with approximately 70% of time in an office setting, and 30% of time completing field work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of urban forest management plans for municipal and other clients that deliver an implementable program towards a sustainable urban forest.
- Write chapters of urban forest management plans and arboriculture related reports including assessing trees for risk, health, and hazard conditions, summaries of inventories, and reviews of tree permit applications for municipalities.
- Complete field work for tree management plans, tree inventories, focused tree health and hazard assessments, and similar urban forestry projects.
- Assist with completion of existing contracts including tree evaluations, tree inventories, arboricultural reports, tree impact analysis, mitigation measure formulation, and related arboricultural tasks.
- Develop goals and strategies with the assistance of the practice leader of the Urban Forest Management Team, to continue to grow the urban forestry practice through business development and marketing.
- Provide experienced based input on various urban forestry topics, technologies, protocols, and industry developments.
- Prepare proposals, attend meetings and interviews, and represent Dudek's urban forestry practice as part of our ongoing business development.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- ISA certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hiring.
- Additional arboricultural and/or urban forestry credentials a plus (e.g., Board Certified Master Arborist, ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist, TRAQ qualified, Municipal Specialist etc.)
- Must have research and analytical skills.
- Candidate must have proven writing skills at a professional level.
- Experience working with municipal urban forest programs and city staff.
- Proven ability to build partnerships and manage relationships that lead to the successful completion of projects and business growth.
- Experience with community engagement activities including facilitating workshops and strategic outreach planning.
- An understanding of the components needed to develop an urban forest management plan, including data sources, urban forest sustainability principles, climate change, tree maintenance practices, ISA standards, and financing.
- Must have experience with basic arboricultural procedures, urban forestry concepts and ability to learn various diagnostic equipment procedures.
- Candidate will be required to conduct project-based field work, sometimes in wildland areas with rough terrain and harsh conditions.
- Candidate must demonstrate professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Candidate should have demonstrated leadership, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate will be expected to work individually and as part of project teams. Team members may be in different offices throughout California.
- Candidate will be required to occasionally travel throughout the California region of their home office, with periodic travel to other portions of California, and beyond, as project's dictate.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver's license
Dudek is a leading environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai'i, and Oregon.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek's culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. COVID-19 Update:
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. Please note that due to the federal government's recent Executive Order for federal contractors, Dudek has adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions/accommodations based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR