About the Job
We are seeking a mid-level professional with 5 or more years of forestry, fire, and/or fuels management planning experience to join our Urban Forestry group. This position will be based in one of Dudek's Northern California offices (Oakland, Sacramento, or Auburn) and is expected to include periodic travel throughout the region and California for project-related tasks, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating wildfire hazard conditions.
- Evaluating and mapping vegetation, trees, and forests.
- Collecting field data utilizing field computers, tablets, and global positioning system (GPS) units.
- Processing and analyzing field-collected data.
- Analyzing field data, GIS data, and conducting project-related research.
- Drafting technical reports and developing forest or vegetation management plans and recommendations.
- Preparing environmental review documents for fuel hazard reduction projects.
- Bachelor's degree in forestry, natural resources, environmental science, or other related field.
- Registration as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or ability to obtain.
- Experience preparing management plans, CEQA documents, and/or CAL FIRE timber harvest plans, exemptions, and emergency notices.
- Proficiency with fire behavior, forestry, and hazard mapping and analysis software packages (e.g., BehavePlus, FlamMap, FVS, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Certification as an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist and ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) is highly desirable.
- Additional desired qualifications include; excellent writing skills, and experience with GIS, GPS, plant/tree identification, and vegetation/fuels management practices.
Dudek is a leading environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai'i, and Oregon.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek's culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. COVID-19 Update:
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. Please note that due to the federal government's recent Executive Order for federal contractors, Dudek has adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions/accommodations based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR