The incumbent will help develop, drive and sustain a comprehensive Environmental program that ensures regulatory compliance and promotes a strong culture of environmental, and health & safety protection.
Primary Responsibilities For Role
- Implement the regulatory compliance program including monitoring completion of regulatory activities and implementing compliance inspections and audits
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the E, H&S management system for ISO 14001
- Assist with the implementation of the Environmental training program
- Work with Safety Teams to promote a strong environmental and safety culture, and conduct walkthroughs with Managers and employees
- Assist with monitoring and reporting Environmental KPI's, and update to the Corporate Environment Department
- Promote opportunities for improvement and environmental goals
- Assist with internal and external Environmental audits
- Communicate and train any new compliance obligations that could affect other departments
- Assist with maintaining Environmental database for corrective action tracking
- Assist with the Environmental sustainability targets and objectives
- Conduct incident investigations as needed
- Help manage Environmental programs in Air Emissions, Hazardous Waste, Wastewater, Stormwater, SPCC, Biological Waste
- Maintain current required training including, RCRA, DOT, and Hazmat Tech training
- Participate on emergency response team
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have excellent leadership and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving and program management skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Results driven with a passion for safety;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and excel in dynamic working teams
- Computer proficiency (e.g. advanced SharePoint and Excel)
- Bachelor's degree or depending on experience
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience, an equivalency could include 7 years of experience, an Associate's degree with 7 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
- May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 10 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
EEO Minorities/ Disability/Veterans
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.