Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc. (KSLD) is a dynamic growth stage company with a mission to pioneer the future of light with our game changing laser based light sources and beyond lighting vision. We are in the process of growing our team as we expand our innovative GaN-based LaserLight sources toward further integration and advanced functionality such as sensing and communication for next generation mobility, automotive, and smart lighting applications.
Innovate with us We are pioneering the future of light!
We are a highly driven, collaborative team that goes above and beyond to create the next generation of light. We value our teams diversity and encourage people to act on new ideas to commercialize tomorrows product innovations today. Our game-changing technology and spirit of innovation connects us closely with our customers and the communities we serve.Specific Responsibilities
Experience and Skills
- Develop, schedule, and/or conduct EH&S-related training including New Employee Orientation, Fork Lift Operation, Hazardous Waste/ Hazardous Material Management, D.O.T. Hazardous Materials/Shipping, Hazard Communication, Blood-borne Pathogens, Emergency Response Team, Safety Committee, Safe work habits/workplace as directed by the VP of Operations.
- Conduct EH&S related inspections, audits, and checklists and any training specified in the Environmental Management System (EMS) Manual Inspections may include but are not limited to weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly plant inspections to include fire extinguishers, emergency/exit Lights, emergency eyewash and shower stations, spill kits, waste labeling and first aid kits. Report findings in a timely manner to appropriate management and ensure follow up on inspection findings.
- Negotiate and implement permits and programs including BAAQMD, Sanitation District, Certified Unified Program Agency (Fire Department) including formal Risk Management Plan and Tierred Permitting for Hazardous Waste Treatment.
- Maintain training matrix and conduct required job cycle checks.
- Investigation of accidents, incidents, and injuries. Assist in determining root cause, appropriate corrective action, and follow up to ensure implementation of corrective action.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and assist with obtaining approval for new MSDSs.
- Assist plant personnel in all Environmental, Health, and Safety concerns.
- Ensure all waste handling procedures are within regulatory compliance and management policies and procedures.
- Assist, as necessary, in scheduling lab packs and hazardous waste shipments and ensure manifests and paperwork are in order
- Assist in the management of handling, labeling, storage of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in satellite storage areas and the EHS storage area and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in communicating/documenting EH&S requirements and monitoring of non-employees. Become a valued resource for Ops & Engineering in defining and implementing best practices.
- Actively partner with Operations on SOPs, process, chemical usage, handling and storage, waste disposal, etc.
- Assist in other duties as needed.
- Prior experience with Chemical Safety and Chemical Hygiene programs, processes and procedures in semiconductor wafer fab environments
- Prior experience as an EH&S Manager in a wafer fab or semiconductor environment, or as a Fab Engineer with EH&S management experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory framework sufficient to negotiate and implement permits and programs including BAAQMD, Sanitation District, Certified Unified Program Agency (Fire Department) including formal Risk Management Plan and Tierred Permitting for Hazardous Waste Treatment.
- B.S./M.S in Chemistry, EE, with 8-10 years progressive semiconductor experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel as classified.Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Matching