Job DescriptionJob Summary:
The VP of Environment Health and Safety reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Operations and is considered the key leader and Champion that will oversee our environmental health and safety culture. The successful candidate will be able to identify opportunities to improve and formulate / execute the plans to achieve safety excellence.Essential Duties:
- Conduct audits ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations
- Initiate, coordinate, and direct training, specific to job hazard analysis
- Develop new and evaluate, modify or improve current safety and educational programs/workshops, policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal
- Champions and promotes a strong safety and compliance culture implementing programs to ensure associate safety and company regulatory compliance.
- Provides analysis of significant risk data to management by evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives through safety assessments and compiling and interpreting data to identify gaps.
- Develops and implements action plans as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Manages the communication between AMI and different government agencies.
- Accountable for team performance and development
- Additional duties as requested
- Lean and or 6 sigma experience
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management or other Safety Management Systems
- Mentoring and coaching
- Change Leadership and Change Management Champion
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Economic analysis, budgeting, and cost control
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Appropriate sense of urgency tempered with appropriate situational patience.
- Computer proficiency and the willingness to learn new systems
- Presentation skills with the ability to influence others to action
- Creating and communicating a vision, process, path, and the energy to achieve that vision
About our company:
- Motivation, energy, time and commitment to pursue continuous improvement (Operational Excellence)
- Fifteen years relevant Leader / Managerial / Professional work experience in a material processing industry.
- Bachelor's Science degree preferred (Safety, Engineering, Construction, Science (Physics or Chemistry) or related field
- Expert knowledge in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to effect change and grow a safety program.
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated customer focus and customer satisfaction results
- Overnight travel may be required; locations are within a day drive of Indianapolis
- Appropriate driving record
Asphalt Materials, Inc., formed in 1956, has been continually focused on the asphalt business. The core strength of our business is the formulation, manufacturing, and R&D of asphalt binders and emulsions. Asphalt Materials, Inc. is a segment of The Heritage Group of companies. The Heritage Group (THG) is a family-owned company that has been in operation for over 80 years. THG turns big challenges into even bigger opportunities. THG is a family of relationship-builders, problem-solvers and opportunity seekers that aim to make a difference in the world. THG manages a portfolio of over thirty independent businesses that operate in distinct industry operating groups Construction and Materials, Environmental Services, and Energy & Refining. This vast experience combined with a team management style allows for the diversity of a large conglomerate and the personal service of a smaller, customer-focused organization. THG is a growth-oriented company with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia and a customer network that spans the globe.