Stepping Stones seeks a licensed Intervention Specialist in our Step Up Autism Alternative Education program.
Step Up is a unique program that partners with Greater Cincinnati public schools to provide an alternative education placement for students who are unable to succeed in a typical classroom setting. Students continue their studies at Stepping Stones' Given Campus in Indian Hill and receive the tools they need to navigate an academic curriculum, transition into adulthood and more fully participate in their community.
Our 23-acre campus provides an enriching learning environment for students with accessible hiking trails and abundant wildlife as well as an outdoor lake for fishing and pool for swimming in the summer months.
The year-round Intervention Specialist is responsible for…
- preparing lesson plans and coursework that follow curriculum guidelines set by local school districts and the Ohio Extended Learning Standards.
- Maintain classroom discipline, organization and structures while proving intervention as needed to meet student behavioral and emotional needs.
- Communicate professionally with parents, related service providers and school districts as well as assisting school psychologist with development of an ETR.
- Train and manage educational aides who are assisting in the classroom. Complete IEPs for all students and routine assessments to evaluate each student's progress.
This is a full-time, year-round position working weekdays throughout the yearWork Location
: Given Campus - 5650 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Special Education
- Current Intervention Specialist licensure from the State of Ohio
- Ability to develop meaningful lesson plans that support student goals and meet curriculum guidelines
- Ability to work closely with educational aides and other support staff
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Salaried position starting at $35,500 and can go up to $50,000 dependent upon experience. Generous paid time off and most holidays off, 403B with employer contribution and dental, life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee. Low cost health and vision are also available as well as eligibility in tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness programs.
Company DescriptionStepping Stones, Inc. is a local non-profit United Way agency serving individuals with developmental disabilities for over 50 years in the Cincinnati area and winner of the BBB award for Ethics.