Environmental Co-op/Intern - Fall 2022
This job description reflects potential openings for the Fall 2022 Co-op/Internship Session (August-December). This is a general job description and represents multiple openings in various departments. Honda offers both single and multi-semester co-ops and internships. College students must apply to the requisition pertaining to their major and semester of interest.
Please note: Sponsorship for employment visa status for these positions is unavailable. Applicants requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., F-1 CPT/OPT, H-1B, TN, etc.) will not be considered.
Honda Co-operative and Learning Internships
Here at Honda, we pride ourselves in the invaluable experience we provide our Co-ops and Interns with. Honda Co-ops/ Interns are tasked with hands on, project based worked relevant to their department of placements current needs (this means no coffee runs or stereotypical intern duties). Projects may be as large as developing a new test, designing systems, traveling to suppliers or serving as a project manager! In addition to the full-time associate work that our Co-ops/ Interns are given the access to work on, Honda Co-ops/ Interns are invited to participate in a variety of paid work events and experiences offered by the Honda Co-op and Internship program team. Events include but are not limited to Q&A sessions with high level associates, tours of various Honda facilities, social events, volunteer opportunities and much more!
Dreams l Joy l Passion l Respect l Challenging Spirit
The ideal Honda Co-op/ Intern candidate feels connected to our core values and is looking to make an impact within a global organization with all 7 continents running Honda equipment or vehicles (yes, even Antarctica). You are a dreamer and often identify areas of opportunity and take initiative to improve them yourself. You are passionate about your work and respect others. You want to be a part of something larger than you- the joy of creating, selling and buying! These values define Honda and encapsulate our rich history and what continues to push us forward in a competitive era of mobility. It's a big team for a big effort, and we need individuals with varying perspectives to make our products great. Because different people, with different perspectives and ideas are the key to helping Honda bring the future!
More about the Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene Co-op/ Intern at Honda
The below descriptions reflect potential environments and duties within our various Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene Co-op/ Intern positions that we offer. Work environments and projects may include but are not limited to:
* Project management
* Problem analysis
* Investigating new technologies and implementing countermeasures
* Reviewing existing equipment and assisting the EH&S (Environmental Health and Safety) coordinator with the specifications for new equipment
* Assisting with updated ergonomic evaluations and document findings in our current tracking system
* Assist in the evaluation of proposed new model processes to minimize incoming ergonomic risks
* Assist with reviews for "Routine vs. Non-Routine" activities as they pertain to production and maintenance
* Assist with air compliance testing
* International Organization for Standardization (ISO) document evaluation and updating
* Completing and submitting State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) reports and providing improvement recommendations
* Support special projects such as new model launch or process modifications
* Prepare Hazardous Chemical Inventory reports for Ohio EPA
* Track chemical use and waste generation
* Waste samples and profiles
* Update Title V Air Permit Applications
* Sort and organize MSDS
* Schedule and track associate respiratory and audiometric testing
* Breathing air testing in all departments
* Various sampling projects such as leading paint sampling to determine percent lead and lead simulations to determine air concentrations
* Plan, collect, process and communicate Industrial Hygiene samples (air and noise) to support Honda's production operations
* Support company safety program development and training program activities such as, but not limited to, confined safe program, respiratory protection program, personal equipment program, lead compliance activities and hearing conservation program
What you need to be successful in this role
* General Coursework
* Minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA or higher (You will be required to provide your current transcript)
* Class status- Sophomore (by credit hour) or above
* Availability to work a minimum of 10 weeks at 40 hours per week
* Enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program studying Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Engineering, or related field
* Ability to provide own transportation to and from work each day
Desired: Intro to environmental studies, Safety related coursework, Manufacturing related coursework
Environmental Co-op/ Intern positions are offered in the cities/ states listed below, if you are selected to move forward in the process, you will be given the opportunity to make selections on your location preferences:
* Marysville, Ohio (45 minutes northwest of Columbus, Ohio)
* Raymond, Ohio (45 minutes northwest of Columbus, Ohio)
* East Liberty, Ohio (55 minutes northwest of Columbus, Ohio)
* Russells Point, Ohio (30 minutes northwest of Marysville, Ohio)
* Lincoln, Alabama (45 minutes northeast of Birmingham, Alabama)
Honda Co-operative and Learning Internships Program Benefits
Housing Accommodations: Honda offers housing at a shared cost or a housing stipend based on location for our Co-ops and Interns. It is not required to opt-in to, but is available should you need housing at the time of your Co-op/ Internship with Honda.
Honda Business Resource Groups: One of the ways Honda gives diversity a voice is through its business resource groups. The associate-led, company-supported groups have members aligned across different dimensions of diversity such as gender, ethnicity, ability, life stage and experiences. The groups provide networking opportunities, a chance to give back and professional development. Some groups have even given feedback on Honda products, making them more appealing to all. Embracing all views is what will drive us into the future. Honda wants passionate, driven people to be a part of that future.
Performance Feedback: Honda Co-ops and Interns will have the opportunity to receive informal and formal feedback from their leaders, ask questions and express future interest in a scheduled mid-term and final evaluation.
Mentorship: Each Co-op/ Intern is assigned a mentor in your department to help you navigate your time at Honda.
On-site Wellness Center: Co-ops and Interns have access to join our Wellness Centers (varies by location). Our Wellness Centers are full gyms equipped with cardio machines, weights, basketball courts, pools, dieticians, personal trainers and group fitness classes.
Paid overtime: Co-ops and Interns will receive 1.5 times their hourly rate of pay for any overtime worked.
Consideration for full time employment: Our Cooperative Learning Internships program is utilized as a talent pipeline for our full time positions!
Additional details regarding Honda Co-op and Intern benefits are provided upon offer.