Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
- The Cold-to-Hot Biology team in Takeda's Oncology DDU is seeking a highly-motivated lab-based Ph.D. level immunologist to contribute to and lead clinical and pre-clinical projects by designing, developing, and executing well-defined mechanistic experiments and managing projects and timelines within immuno-oncology research. The candidate will help bolster our Type I IFN discovery and development portfolio through support for TAK-573 and other assets, with significant opportunity for growth and leadership potential.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to lead from the lab to advance novel and differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutic modalities towards pre-clinical and clinical milestones, by working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and external partners.
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of innate and adaptive immunity in the context of the tumor microenvironment and ability to both execute and orchestrate non-clinical immunology experiments in a matrixed environment, with the flexibility to contribute to multiple projects.
- Experience leading the biology/pharmacology for pre-clinical projects and/or collaborations in a pharmaceutical research setting is strongly preferred.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Works independently and with colleagues to design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and present experiments (including the preparation of study reports suitable for both internal and regulatory use)
- Analyzes and interprets complex data sets (multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, RNA expression, etc) and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Able to propose hypothesis-driven experiments based on internal data, external partners, and published findings and make data-driven decisions
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Contributes to cross-functional scientific discussion, including with external collaborators
- Deep knowledge of complex immune interactions in the tumor microenvironment, including knowledge of both innate and adaptive immunology, and the ability to tackle complex biology
- Hands-on experience with preclinical tumor models (mouse syngeneic tumor models, PDX models, etc.) and isolation of immune cells from tumors is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience and ability to work independently under minimal supervision in carrying out data acquisition, analysis, storage and reporting of flow cytometry-based assays and Luminex/MSD is required
- Experience working with primary immune cells in the context of immunology or cancer biology, including hands-on experience isolating, phenotyping, and manipulating primary human and murine cells in vitro and ex vivo is preferred
- Strong desire to drive project strategy, both through execution of experiments/interpretation of data and management of project timelines and cross-functional project-related activities
- Keeps current with emerging trends in immuno-oncology
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong team player who thrives in a dynamic, ‘biotech-like' environment
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others in a direct or matrixed structure
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Participates in external interactions and collaborations
- Highly collaborative spirit is essential for successful candidates
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with post doc experience , or MS with 6+ years experience, or BS with 8+ years experience
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- Empowering Our People to Shine
- Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type