Environmental Coordinator- Quincy, IL
This is a salaried-exempt position.
The Quincy soybean processing facility is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Environmental Coordinator.Position Description:
The Environmental Coordinator will report to the Regional Environmental Director and supports the Quincy Oilseeds site, as well as other 4 -5 smaller operating locations in the geographic area. While working in both an office and industrial facility environment, the Environmental Coordinator will support the plant operations teams in improving and maintaining the site's environmental compliance programs and the Environmental Management System (EMS).Position Responsibility:
The Environmental Coordinator's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor each site's activities and implement actions to ensure compliance with all ADM, federal, state and local government regulations as related to environmental regulations and requirements.
- Develop and provide training for employees and contractors related to environmental programs.
- Prepare required reports and maintain all necessary records/documentation related to environmental programs for the facility
- Participate in and lead, where appropriate, all internal and external environmental audits or environmental agency visits and prioritize, assign and track the audit findings for completion.
- Prepare appropriate permit applications and regulatory applicability analysis relating to air, land, water, and other environmental regulations and requirements
- Communicate with regulatory agencies in writing, by phone or in person as required for issues such as pre-application meetings or resolving permit compliance, etc.
- Travel on occasion for meetings, training, etc.
- Maintain and manage the site's EMS including, but not limited to policy, standardization, procedure development, incident investigations - root cause analyses, risk reduction efforts, inspections, audits and training.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Environmental Management or other related program preferred.
- 5+ years of similar experience working with industrial facilities.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and management systems, including air and water regulations and permitting.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to impact and influence others at all levels in the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and lead meetings.
- Proven ability to work within a team based work environment.
- Proven ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, occasionally other than normal business (day shift) hours to accommodate plant needs; i.e. training, inspections, etc. The Environmental Coordinator may be contacted for after hour emergencies.
- Proficient in the use of software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- This position requires the ability to work in a variety of conditions such as an office environment, indoors/outdoors, hot/cold weather as well as physical demands such as standing, kneeling, and sitting for prolonged periods of time, climbing stairs/ladders and the ability to work in confined spaces in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Committed to ADM values: integrity, respect, excellence, resourcefulness, teamwork, and responsibility.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.About ADM:
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.EEO
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.Ref ID