Pace Analytical Services, LLC., a leading environmental laboratory, has an immediate opening for a Full-time, Project Manager in the Huntersville, NC location. We are looking for candidates seeking a long-time career with a well-established and growing company. Pace offers a salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, life insurance, disability coverage and 401(k) with a fully vested employer match, and tuition reimbursement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for responsible for facilitating internal and external communication between clients, laboratory staff and sales staff. Uses intermediate to complex professional and technical knowledge to communicate capabilities, project milestones, updates, delays, and deliverables.
Tasks for the day:
- Serve as the primary point of contact to clients regarding project updates, issues, deliverables, and scope changes.
- Collaborates and communicates with laboratory staff on project status.
- Problem solves alternatives to project issues, delays, etc. that could impact either the quality or turn-around-time of the results and communicates alternatives, when feasible, in a positive and professional manner with the customer.
- Updates the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) regarding projects status, cost, and client account information.
- Supports projects/complex projects with reviewing project needs, incoming sample issues, and compliance with regulations.
Attention to detail and teamwork are key!
- Bachelor's degree in project management, chemistry, or a closely related field.
- (5) years of project management experience is preferred. However equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered!
Where you work:
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.