WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Center for Growth & Innovation Analytics is a specialized and global topic within the Corporate Finance & Strategy Practice Area, dedicated to solving our clients most challenging questions on growth, strategy, innovation and technology, using a range of innovation data lenses and advanced analytical methods. From innovation scouting to IP commercialization, competitive strategy to growth & investment opportunity assessments, our team solves the most complex problems on a daily basis. Were one of the fastest growing capabilities in BCG, and also one of the most creative in building novel products, offerings and approaches.
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) within BCG's Center for Growth & Analytics and Corporate Finance Practice Area, you will work in a growing global team, providing functional expertise and insights whilst working together with case and proposal teams to provide knowledge assets, analysis and expert advisory. Youll serve as a thought partner and content expert to case teams and topic/sector leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues.
Additionally, you will support your topic in developing existing & new intellectual property and knowledge assets. You will work on commercialization efforts for the topic/sector, in conjunction with business leaders, supporting marketing efforts, conferences and publications. As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will assist with on-boarding, training and guiding junior colleagues and share best practices within the team.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the worlds best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possibleand unlocking your potential to advance the world.
The Corporate Finance & Strategy Practice is one of BCG's functional practice areas. The CFS practice developsand commercializesfresh and practical perspectives on the critical strategic challenges confronting our clientsdeveloping the right corporate strategy, managing assets, driving growth, fostering innovation, and achieving sustainability. We also seek to enhance the corporate strategy proficiency of both our clients and our client-service teams.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
* Guiding and navigating case teams in and around innovation and research topics in healthcare/ life sciences/ pharma like gene therapy, molecular biology, biotechnology, cell therapy, gene editing, therapeutic drugs, clinical trials, etc
* Strong, proven analytical and conceptual capabilities. A curious frame of mind, asking the right questions, ability to tolerate and move beyond ambiguity are important attributes.
* High work ethic, client-service-excellence mindset, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel tasks is a key trait in individuals that succeed in this role.
* Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
* Communicating with senior stakeholders, being credible and proactive
* Framing, structuring, and sharing intellectual property, with the ability to write clearly and concisely
* Working creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment
* Flexibility and bring a curious and creative mindset, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
* Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
* Interacting with internal and external stakeholders while working in a global collaborative team environment across time zones
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* 1-2+ years of consulting experience in relevant sector/topic required; candidates with consulting experience preferred
* In lieu of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
* Bachelors or Masters Degree (preferred) with high academic achievement required, particularly in areas of biotechnology, biology, zoology, medicine, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering/ science, medtech, or life sciences
* Prior experience or background in IP/ patent research, technology transfer, or patent analytics is desirable; understanding of healthcare industry/topics is desireable.
* Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, network visualization and analysis tools (e.g. Giphy, others), social network/ sentiment analysis and/or basic programming capabilities (Python, R) will be an added asset.
* Strong analytical skills, ability & desire to work with large datasets and demonstrated attention to detail.
* Fluency in English
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.