Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins PSS seeks a Genome Scientist to support our client's Department of Genetics & Pharmacogenomics in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will assist the development of high-throughput cutting-edge assays to better understand disease mechanism and to identify and validate new targets and biomarkers. You will utilize innovative genetic screening (i.e., CRISPR) and multi-omics single cell approaches such as simultaneous RNA and protein profiling (i.e., REAP-seq), immune repertoire profiling, CROP-seq/Perturb-Seq, and Spatial Transcriptomics to impact all stages of the drug development pipeline from pre-clinical to clinical development. You will also contribute to the development and execution of genetic screens and multi-omics single cell experiments. Successful candidates will be an active participant in the scientific dialogue of the group and will be able to work independently and proactively collaborate with colleagues.The responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing, executing, and troubleshooting new multi-omics single cell and bulk sequencing technologies and protocols
- Characterization of different cell populations using standard immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and bulk RNA-seq methods
- Leverage automation to scale-up high throughput omics experiments
- Design and execute experiments, interpret data, and clearly communicate results and findings clearly and concisely to teams and stakeholders.
- Ensures the laboratory facility and equipment remain in good working order and coordinates the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Collaborate with team members and across therapeutic areas (i.e., oncology, immunology, neuroscience).
- This position requires 90% of time in the lab
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate Will Have
Education Minimum Requirement
- Experience with RNA-seq, single cell sequencing library preparation, and NGS technology
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture using sterile techniques
- Experience with flow cytometry sorting and magnetic enrichment protocols
- Experience with automation
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate data analysis and carefully maintain a notebook record of lab activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of lab reports and presentations. Strong attention to detail
- BS or MS degree in molecular and cell biology or related disciplines such as immunology, cancer biology, or biological engineering with 5+ years of wet lab experience in academia or industry
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This position is Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
. with overtime and weekends as needed and the potential for some off shift hours as dependent on project needs. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, MA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.