If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is seeking a Senior Scientist, Environmental Fate to join our world class, industry-leading facility located in Easton, MD. Interested candidates should be passionate about science and seeking a fast-paced, meritocratic environment.Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Designs and supervises simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.).
- Routinely develops procedures and methods for the solution of technical problems.
- Serves as an expert for technical issues for staff and external customers.
- Performs advance troubleshooting of instrumentation and equipment.
- Conducts studies to determine the persistence and behavior of chemicals in the environment.
- Performs complex data evaluations, reviews the work of others, and writes complex technical reports and standard operating procedures.
- May serve as a primary business contact for clients.
- Depending on need, may assist business development team assess potential clients and/or projects for upcoming projects or studies.
- Likely to work on several projects concurrently and may monitor and direct activities of other staff performing work in area of expertise.
- May be designated as Study Director of one or more projects responsible for monitoring GLP compliance of work performed on assigned project(s)
- Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research, required to prepare technical papers and reports
- Conducts training of staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.
The ideal candidate would possess
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- A PhD in a relevant field and 5 years of directly related experience preferred.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field and 7 years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the PhD and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry or other directly related areas and a minimum of ten years of experience in a directly relevant setting may be substituted for the PhD and experience.
- Experience in the application of LC-MS/MS for structure elucidation and accurate mass determination is essential.
- GLP study director or project management experience preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime required as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.