At Goldfinch, we are pioneering a new approach to discover and develop therapeutics for kidney disease that is unprecedented.
Where others see risk, we see opportunity to make an impact and redefine the state of care for patients with kidney disease. We recognize the importance of collaboration, and strive to work alongside patients, clinicians and other partners to empower patients and develop treatments for conditions where no approved therapies exist.
We're looking for teammates who relish the challenge, and are compelled to leave a positive mark on the lives of colleagues and patients alike.
If this sounds like the community you want to grow with, we invite you to explore our current career opportunities below.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Goldfinch Bio, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to
We're seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist with a strong background in renal biology to join our Biology Department and contribute to building our pipeline for renal diseases. The successful candidate will focus on driving scientific research to establish and validate novel targets for kidney disease. Responsibilities include leading and mentoring a team of scientists, development, characterization and implementation of models of kidney disease based on human biology, and implementing models for evaluation of potential therapeutics.
- Collaborate with scientists in cross-functional teams to discover tractable, high-impact disease targets.
- Develop strategy and scientific approach to establish and characterize novel targets for kidney disease.
- Establish in vitro assays to evaluate dose/response relationships, efficacy, and characterize molecules for potential therapeutic effects.
- Initiate and manage external research collaborations to further the applications of in vitro models of chronic kidney disease.
- Lead a group of researchers within Biology, providing guidance and mentorship.
- Prepare, review and deliver high quality scientific presentations for internal/external use.
- Commit to helping the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
- PhD with at least 5 years post-degree research in the kidney disease field, translational experience is an asset. Prior work industry experience is an advantage but is not required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture, in vitro and/or in vivo models of kidney disease.
- Hands-on experience in cellular and biochemical techniques including standard molecular biology and protein biochemistry methods and proven assay troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on experience in the development and validation of cell-based assays.
- Experience with iPSCs and organoids is desirable.
- Strong publication record and demonstrated experience conducting independent research.
- Strong leadership and evidence of strategic scientific thinking.
- Effective managerial skills and prior experience mentoring junior scientists with different skill sets.