US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
* Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to insure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
* Manage and implement EHS compliance and management systems in accordance with governmental and company requirements, to include COVID-19.
* Manage hazardous material management and chemical tracking and inventory programs.
* Evaluate proposed federal, state, and local EHS compliance laws and regulations to determine impact to compliance programs and business operations.
* Partners with business leaders to continuously improve the culture, awareness, and accountability in support of EHS programs.
* Interpret laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implement programs to comply.
* Manage and lead EHS professionals in accomplishing the EHS program aspects described above.
* Implements EHS management systems sector-level programs and associated documentation.
* Develop and manage the CSMR division EHS budget.
* Manage regulatory agency contacts.
* Must be able to effectively manage individuals and teams and have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a team environment.
* Position will interface with regulatory representatives, senior management, site EHS committees, and the Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
* Must demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelors of Science degree in either Engineering, Environmental, Health, Safety, Physical Science or similar technical field plus 9+ years of related work experience; OR 7+ years of related experience with a Master's degree in Engineering, Environmental, Health, Safety, Physical Science or similar technical field.
* Excellent communication and collaborations skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
* Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
* Experience using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Master's Degree in Environmental, Health, Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or similar
* Board certified in environmental, health, or safety programs (e.g., CSP, CIH, etc.).
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Access programs.
* Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality results
* Strong management, coaching, and collaboration skills
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience in implementing and maintaining management systems such as ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and VPP programs.
Salary Range: $89,800.00 - $134,800.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ [https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/]), we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO [http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO]. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.