The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America's leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country's vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plants
Project Description: The Caloosahatchee (C-43) West Basin Storage Reservoir project will capture and control releases of water to reduce freshwater flows to the estuary during wet periods and help maintain a desirable flow of fresh water to the estuary during dry periods. The $524 contract includes an earth-filled dam with a perimeter of approximately 16.3 miles and a separator dam of 2.8 miles and encompass 10,500 acres and store 170,000 acre-feet of water when completed in 2024.
The Environmental Coordinator's primary responsibility is to support the Environmental Team with the project contractual and regulatory compliance. This work may include conducting wildlife monitoring, stormwater and erosion control inspections and oversight, maintaining compliance with permit and contractual conditions, recordkeeping, and performing employee training. The Environmental Coordinator will work with the environmental and operational staff to mitigate environmental issues as they arise.
Responsibilities Including but Not Limited to:
- Be familiar with Best Management Practices (BMPs) for stormwater, erosion and sediment control, turbidity sampling, dewatering treatment, wildlife monitoring, and spill prevention and response, and AST compliance.
- Implement environmental plans and permit conditions on the project
- Conduct employee environmental training to improve environmental and wildlife awareness
- Conduct environmental wildlife and erosion and sediment control monitoring and inspections
- Prepare detailed and accurate reports and submittals as needed
- Work collectively with staff and the client to maintain compliance and mitigate issues
- Work with environmental sub-contractors, as needed
- Report pertinent information to project management and the Environmental Manager
- Assist with the implementation of the Company environmental policies and procedures
- Carry out job duties assigned while maintaining the Lane values
- Excels in teamwork, engaging personnel to achieve compliance, and works diplomatically
- Effective communicator, demonstrates good-judgement, and maintains a positive attitude
- Excels in time management and detailed and accurate recordkeeping and reporting
- Field Biologist
- BS in Biology, Wetland Science, Environmental Science, or Equivalent
- 4 years' experience working in field biology and environmental compliance
- Prefer experience with South Florida Water Management District, US Army Corps of Engineers, and Florida DEP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.