South San Francisco is one of two gummy technology development and manufacturing facilities in North America. The site has the capability to manufacture 100% plant-based pectin gummies for nutritional supplements and nutraceuticals. Within the Catalent network, we offer a broad range of integrated formulation and analytical services to solve difficult development and manufacturing challenges.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager has responsibility for all EHS&S activities for South San Francisco. This involves developing and implementing site wide health, safety, environmental, and security programs designed to respond to potential situation and to enhance site overall business continuity and site safety. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations following Catalent guidelines to guarantee the safety of all employees, visitors and contractors in the facility.
The individual must be a creative and proactive contributor, while remaining focused on continual improvement showing the highest level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm while striving to maintain the safest working environment possible. This position requires communication with employees at all levels including Senior Leadership, other sites, and multiple regulatory agencies. This position will oversee one direct report, and will report to the site's General Manager.
Work hours: Monday - Friday business day
* Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments that apply to task, departments, and the overall site.
* Chair of safety committee and maintains visibility of the safety program and open lines of communications with all employees regarding safety.
* Conduct EHS audits, inspections, hazard assessments and investigations as required and make recommendations based off findings
* Lead incident and accident investigations assuring corrective actions are taken to minimize or prevent similar future incidents.
* Manage the Workers Compensation program, monitor treatment for appropriateness, monitor fees, track injuries, and provide metrics to management.
* Management of all Environmental, Health, and Safety programs including but not limited to: Lock out tag out, Confined space, Electrical Safety, Industrial Hygiene, PPE, Emergency Response, Security, etc.
* Develop and conduct training programs and the training of staff at all levels, including new hires, on company safety policies, practices, and programs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.). in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Public Health or related field.
* Requires 5+ years appropriate experience in an industrial setting, preferably food, beverage, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical industries.
* Possess an industry recognized safety certification (i.e., ASP, CSP, CIH, etc.)
* Good interpersonal skills and leadership characteristics.
* On call as the 24-hour emergency contact person
* Knowledgeable about regulatory topics (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, FDA, GMP, etc.)
* Completion of administrative duties as indicated by position.
* Data entry and use of computer user interface tools including mouse, keyboard and any other applicable instruments.
* Setting up office, desk and workstation for minimal ergonomic risk factors as deemed necessary.
* Sustaining static postures
* Sustained sitting at desk or workstation with use of phones, computers and any other office equipment required for specified position.
* Static stance/standing as required.
* Lifting and operating in an office environment
* File/Folder storage with non-repetitive light weight lifting, reaching and forward bending as necessary.
* Infrequent lifting overhead reaching less than or equal to 15 lbs. with the ability to potentially be able to lift up to 35 lbs and push/pull 40 lbs.
Catalent's standard leadership competencies
* Leads with Integrity and Respect
* Delivers Results
* Demonstrates Business Acumen
* Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
* Champions Change
* Engages and Inspires
* Coaches and Develops
Why you should join Catalent:
* Diverse, inclusive culture
* Competitive salary
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
* Educational assistance/reimbursement
* 19 days paid time off
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Employee discount programs
* Robust employee referral program
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone's safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers [https://careers.catalent.com/us/en] to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com [DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond- it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to investigate with local authorities.