AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR's advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at:?www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Do you have a passion for math and the sciences? Do concepts in data engineering and data science interest you? Does the opportunity to learn and validate the recent developments in the science and the engineering behind catastrophe modeling interest you? Well, we have a great opportunity for you that will have you work with the best, and develop you to take ownership of various projects and processes.About The Day To Day Responsibilities Of The Role
- Author and present technical documents of analytical work
- Drive development of detailed test plans and timely execution and delivery of multiple products that have concurrent schedules
- Responsible to prepare technical model studies and requirements documents
- Perform advanced statistical and mathematical insurance analytics tasks to validate model outputs and complete such projects with minimal supervision
- Ensure that products meet exacting requirements for accuracy and explicit and/or implicit validation of scientific and financial algorithms
- Design and implement key quality metrics to track progress, provide status and enable transparency and timeliness in the product delivery decision making process
- Implement and/or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with peer teams to facilitate timely completion of projects
- Ability to multitask and manage concurrent delivery of multiple enterprise grade products
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics
- Experience with large data sets analysis and manipulation
- Experience with either statistical, mathematical software packages; or generally with analytical software
- Experience with designing and/or validating numerical probabilistic models in engineering, science, catastrophe modeling, finance, actuarial science, etc.
- Programming skills that include: numerical, scientific and databases programming
- Proven analytical and problem-solving quantitative abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and experience working in distributed with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skill sets
- Knowledge of product development life cycles to ensure the critical role of quality assurance teams
- Logical and clear thinker having made sound process driven decisions
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.