Location: Boston, MA
Monte Rosa Therapeutics is seeking a passionate Co-op Research Associate to assist in a variety of different technical disciplines. Monte Rosa seeks to eliminate disease causing proteins through targeted protein degradation-a novel and exciting way of drugging proteins that until recently were considered un-druggable. The candidate will help on a variety of programs and technical projects from developing and characterize cellular models, or that will be used for target-identification and -validation as well as Assist in execution of a variety of assays to mechanistically understand the target of interest and to screen and characterize small molecule compounds and determine the mode of compound action, or for high-throughput compound screens to identify novel degraders. The ideal candidate is someone looking to learn a variety of cellular, biochemical or molecular techniques, is capable of multi-tasking and working in a team environment, and is curious and enjoys doing science.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the establishment and characterization of cell lines with specific genetic alterations (gene mutation, gene deletion, gene modifications) using CRISPR/Cas9
- Simultaneously and aseptically maintain multiple unique cell lines in culture
- Confirm the introduction of the genetic alternations using molecular biology assays (Western Blot, PCR).
- Evaluate the effect of the genetic alternation on the cells using Next Generation Sequencing
- Help to develop and run a variety of assays to screen and characterize target proteins and small molecule compounds.
- Perform a variety of high-throughput Cellular Biology and Biochemical experiments and analytical assays such as ELISA, HTRF, high content, flow cytometry, and reporter assays (fluorescent and enzymatic).
- Currently in a Master degree or equivalent program in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a life science.
- Strong desire to learn the most advanced approaches to drug discovery
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry techniques (e.g. Western Blot, PCR, ELISA).
- Enjoys working in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested Candidates may forward CV and Cover Letter to Careers-US@MonterosaTx.com
Monte Rosa Therapeutics rational approach in targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation will deliver pioneering therapies for cancer and other diseases. Delivering this new generation of treatments to the patients requires a conceptual change. Monte Rosa recognizes this urgent need and is missioned to develop innovative protein degraders as a solution. Combining deep knowledge, insight and leading-edge science, our integrated engine is built for that purpose.