Ricondo is a full-service aviation consulting firm. We provide facilities and operations planning, environmental planning, and financial planning services to airport owners and operators, airlines, and federal and state aviation-related agencies. Our technical consulting and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, other financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
Ricondo is headquartered in Chicago and has other U.S. offices in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Seattle, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, southern California, and Washington, D.C., as well as international offices in Abu Dhabi and London.
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Consultant (Environmental Planner)
with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization. Joining our elite team of aviation consultants provides opportunities for individuals to assist the largest and fastest-growing airports.Position Summary
is responsible for performing entry-level professional planning research, development, and implementation of aviation programs, projects and studies.Key Responsibilities
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Collects pertinent environmental and land use data in support of airport planning and environmental studies.
- Consults with fellow employees and senior staff concerning the compilation, interpretation, and presentation of environmental, land use, and sustainability data for airport and environmental planning studies.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and presentations based on verbal and written input from others as well as self-directed efforts.
- Assists in development environmental documents required to satisfy federal (National Environmental Policy Act) and various state regulations based on verbal and written input from others as well individual efforts.
- Assists in developing, formatting, publishing, and distributing tables, charts, and exhibits that deal with existing and proposed airport planning, environmental, and sustainability studies.
- Provides technical assistance and written recommendations on airport environmental and planning studies.
- Develops draft presentations of results of environmental and airport planning studies to clients; various federal, state, and local agencies; and the public.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
Preferred Skills And Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Biology, Ecology, Land Use Planning, Planning, Aviation Management, Urban Planning, Geography, or other science degree.
- 0-5 years in environmental or related field (may include relevant internship or cooperative education program experience).
- Possesses a familiarity with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Possesses a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel to support Ricondo & Associates, Inc.'s, global project portfolio.
- Experience with preparation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents, and/or FAA Orders 1050.1F and 5050.4B.
- Familiarity with environmental issues facing airports such as air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, aircraft noise, climate change, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, waste management, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, air quality and noise modeling, and spatial/graphical analysis applications (AutoCAD, GIS, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior executives and staff at client organizations.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well as a generous paid time-off program, and 401(K) company match to eligible employees.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR