Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global multi-disciplinary consulting firm with over 90 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
Summary - An Environmental Scientist II (ES II) is responsible for planning and implementing field activities, evaluating laboratory data and measurements collected during field work and preparing technical documents under the direction of a Project Manager. These duties are performed individually or as part of a team. The ES II is responsible for adhering to project goals and timeframes set by Project Managers. Their responsibilities may include the training of ES I staff in entry-level competencies; field equipment use, field activities, data entry and the preparation of technical reports.RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- The scientist will be in the field approximately 70% of the time working at commercial and industrial sites and 30% in the office preparing reports and remedial documents
- Will work under the direction of a Project Manager/LSRP to design and implement remedial activities
- Coordinate and implement field activities including the installation of soil borings, overburden and bedrock monitoring wells and the collection of soil, groundwater, and vapor intrusion investigation samples
- Interprets data and lab results and prepares technical reports including NJDEP PAR, SIR, RIR, RAW, RAR and soil and groundwater permit applications and due diligence related documents
- Communicate with clients and subcontractors
- 4-year college degree in geology, biology, chemistry, environmental science or similar science degree and 3 - 5 years of experience with an environmental consulting firm in NJ; a master's degree in one of the above listed fields is a plus
- Strong understanding of NJDEP's Technical Guidance Documents and Technical Requirements for Site Remediation
- Has performed due diligence investigations including site inspections and the preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and PARs
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Flexible to work outside of normal business hours as required
- 40-hr OSHA trained
- NJ Subsurface Evaluator / UST Closure license
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
J.S. Held offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with a strong and comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) match. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience. We embrace diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all of our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team's needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscriminatory employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with J.S. Held LLC employees' ability to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we're all about at www.jsheld.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.