The Environmental Toxicologist provides scientific expertise to address global environmental regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain product registrations, as well as sustainability initiatives. The Environmental Toxicologist will participate on cross-functional Global Innovation teams. The person in this role is responsible for independently designing, contracting and reporting environmental fate and toxicology programs and integrating these data into environmental assessments. The Environmental Toxicologist will support in-line projects and independently prepare technical reviews and position papers to address environmental safety.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Determines environmental risk assessment strategy. Functions as in-house consultant and technical expert in areas of expertise; assesses and communicates environmental risk. Keeps current with worldwide regulations for assessing environmental impact of veterinary compounds.
* Participates in presentations to regulatory agencies, when needed. Active participant in professional/technical associations.
* Functions as a Sponsor Representative on environmental toxicology, environmental fate, physical chemical, and other toxicological studies.
* Develops protocols in collaboration with CROs. Designs environmental fate and effect studies. Conducts or directs all activities in compliance with established regulatory requirements.
* Evaluates, interprets, reviews and summarizes technical data. Prepares and reviews reports, memos, SOPs and regulatory documents with minimal oversight. Responsible for preparation of environmental assessments.
* Experience defining environmental testing requirements and implementing environmental testing programs.
* Provide applied, mechanistic and regulatory expertise for assessment of environmental fate and effects of chemical and/or pharmaceutical products.
* PhD in toxicology, environmental science or any other relevant field from an accredited institution, plus seven (7) years of experience in relevant field.
* Greater than three years of experience assessing environmental fate and toxicology, including authoring environmental risk/impact assessments.
* Knowledge of worldwide technical guidance for environmental fate and effects testing
* Experience in protocol development and study design, data management and processing, analysis and collation to generate environmental risk/impact assessments.
* Familiarity with utilizing environmental modeling software.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here (https%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/covid-19) for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com (http%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/) and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a persons actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.