WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Knowledge Analyst (KA) within BCG's Social Impact Practice Area, you will work in a growing and entrepreneurial global team, providing expertise and insights for the Climate & Environment topic (including emissions reduction target setting, accounting & reporting) working together with BCG case and proposal teams to deliver customized knowledge assets and expert advisory.
In addition, you will support the Climate & Environment topic in developing intellectual property & knowledge assets as well as managing the latest high-quality content on internal BCG websites. You will also support business development and go-to-market efforts of the Climate & Environment topic.
The BCG Climate & Environment teams mission is to help our clients understand the challenges of climate change and seize competitive advantage in the new climate economy. We aim to equip our clients with the necessary tools to transform and succeed, e.g., via net zero strategy, sustainable procurement & supply chain, sustainability partnerships, etc.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
* Working collaboratively in a very dynamic often virtual environment, proficient in agile ways of working
* Communicating with senior stakeholders, being credible and proactive
* Framing, structuring, and sharing intellectual property, with the ability to write clearly and concisely
* Bringing a creative and analytical approach to problem solving; navigating complexity with an openness to new ideas
* Quickly familiarizing yourself with new or rapidly-evolving content
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* 1-2 years of relevant work experience required in the area of corporate sustainability, sustainability management and climate change.
* Knowledge and familiarity with key Climate & Environment topics including
* Climate-related topicsClimate regulation, Carbon markets and pricing, Nature based solutions, Carbon accounting (GHG protocol), Target-setting methodologies, Reporting standards, SBTi, TCFD, CDP, Climate transition, scenarios & risk, mitigation & adaptation
* Environment-related topics: Water management, Biodiversity management
* Bachelors degree required in relevant fields (advanced degree preferred)
* Strong analytical capabilities, e.g., versatile in Excel, Alteryx and Tableau with proven ability to build consistent models and user-friendly / client-ready dashboards
* Fluent in English
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Youll be part of the broader Social Impact (SI) Knowledge Team, working specifically within the Climate & Environment topic, in close collaboration with the TSI/Sustainability topic & the Sustainable Finance topic. You will also collaborate with our global knowledge and research specialists across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients.
Social Impact is BCGs newest practice area and a driving force for BCG's ambition to become the most positively impactful company in the world. We believe that we can transform how business creates good competitive advantage, and that we can help profitably solve some of societys most pressing problems together with our clients.
In addition to helping companies make a difference, we are determined to do our part as best we can to build a sustainable and inclusive future. While we expect to have the biggest climate impact through our client work, we know that we must also walk the talk by reducing the negative impact of our own footprint as quickly as we can. BCG will have a net-zero climate impact by 2030.
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members have the opportunity to be staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PAs business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.