Senior Scientist or Engineer
Aerodyne Research, Inc., is an R&D company in Billerica, MA, providing research and development services and advanced instrument and software products to industrial, academic and government customers. Our work addresses national and international environmental and energy challenges with particularly strong capabilities in atmospheric chemistry, air pollution, global climate change and the environmental impacts of commercial aviation. We produce state of the art instruments for the analysis of atmospheric aerosols, trace gases and their isotopes.
We are currently seeking a scientist or engineer at the Senior Scientist level to join our Center for Sensor Systems and Technology (CSST). This position is based in Billerica, MA, USA. We are a small team focused on applied research and the development and commercialization of sensors systems for atmospheric trace gas, particulate, and radiation/cloud monitoring. Our current commercial products include a successful line of Cavity Attenuated Phase Shift (CAPS) monitors for nitrogen dioxide and particulate extinction and scattering measurements and the new TWST spectroradiometers for sensing cloud radiative properties.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated person to conduct applied atmospheric trace gas and aerosol research, further develop current technologies, and develop new sensors systems. Responsibilities:
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing laboratory and field experiments
- Developing new applications and technologies (hardware and software), from design stage to commercialization
- Applying for research grants and instrument R&D SBIR projects
- Collaborating with internal and external scientists, engineers, researchers, and customers
- Summarizing and presenting results at the research group level and at relevant national/international conferences
- Publishing peer-reviewed research articles
- Doctoral degree in chemistry, physics, atmospheric science, mechanical/chemical engineering, or a related discipline
- Post-doctoral experience desired
- Strong data analytics with focus on machine learning applications
- Laboratory experience working with optical or aerosol-related equipment
- Programming skills in C++, Igor Pro, Python, MATLAB, R, LabView, or similar language
- Independent thinker capable of working in small groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs, including an ESOP. The job has flexibility with hours and enables maintaining a balanced life.
Please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.