Temporary Research Associate, Molecular & Cell Biology
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a diligent and motivated research scientist to join the Molecular & Cell Biology (MCB) group in San Diego. The scientist will support drug discovery by dissecting and processing human tissues to generate disease relevant human cells for predictive in vitro assays. This position requires flexibility due to irregular tissue availability and diligence to process this precious resource. The successful candidate will be embedded within a team of passionate scientists, mentored by Vertex' leading tissue dissection expert, and have an immediate impact on our drug discovery pipeline. Day to day duties will differ depending on tissue availability; activities beyond tissue dissections include cell and tissue characterization by standard cell biological and histological techniques.
- B.S in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Animal Sciences or related field with at least 1 year experience working in a laboratory
- Experience in tissue dissection and isolation of primary cells
- Experience with patient sample handling and organization, familiarity with database tracking software a plus.
- Diligence and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with histological and/or cell biological techniques
- Motivation to learn new techniques and flexibility to support various areas of research as required.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.