QDx Pathology Services is seeking a Molecular Biology Technologist to join QDx Lab Team ASAP! The Molecular Biology Technologist will perform complex technical work involving molecular analysis of human biological specimens. The candidate will be responsible for extensive and complex laboratory steps requiring manual manipulating and pipetting close monitoring and control, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work. The duties will include performing tests on human specimens, quality assurance, quality control, department inventory management and troubleshooting under the direct supervision of the Molecular Department Manager/Team Lead. Responsibilities
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Evaluates specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results.
- Evaluates the acceptability criteria for each specimen and checks for correct labeling, specimen container and source.
- Extracts, denatures and purifies DNA from assorted specimen types.
- Performs PCR and hybridization.
- Performs quality control, validation, and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays.
- Evaluates and maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Understands the importance of and follows the procedures for appropriate specimen handling and disposal.
1. Bachelors degree in laboratory science or Biological Science from an accredited college or university. Completion of a clinical lab training program or 3 months training in each specialty in which high complexity testing is performed.
2. A working knowledge of computers, laboratory organization, all departmental operational policies and procedures, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and laboratory safety. Further training shall be provided as needed.
3. Strong interpersonal skills necessary for cooperative interpersonal working relationships with laboratory staff, management, and peers.
4. Exceptional time management and organizational skills.