In partnership with the Immunology and Respiratory (I&R) therapeutic area (TA), conceive and direct the implementation of data-driven solutions for target identification and target-driven research, and present the results to your stakeholders, the TA and the Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (gCBDS) leadership teams, which will have broad impact on our Pulmonary Fibrosis/Interstitial Lung Disease (PF-ILD) portfolio advancement.
Work with data from multiple omics domains or genetics using established and innovative methods. In interdisciplinary teams contribute to projects during all phases - from experimental design to downstream analysis. Establish and develop new analysis strategies in the field of omics data, network biology and machine learning to push boundaries in drug discovery.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develops the bioinformatics-specific components of the PF-ILD strategy, partners with TA leadership to identify the gaps in new therapeutic concepts and PoCP plans (biomarkers) and drives the strategic use of bioinformatics and translational data to advance PF-ILD priorities.
* Ensures all portfolio projects have defined and prioritized bioinformatics activities and provides matrix oversight of bioinformatics experts on PF-ILD projects to ensure completion and quality of bioinformatics activities.
* Represents bioinformatics needs and priorities of the TA to the gCBDS management team and communicates/translates TA strategy into the Computational Biology (CB) organization to ensure proper resourcing and capabilities.
* Performs high quality bioinformatics analysis in areas of own expertise, delivers results to PF-ILD project teams to impact team decisions, and contributes to other project teams where the expertise is appropriate and in need.
* Ensures all applicable data protection and security requirements for research and clinical data are met. Ensures all data, results, and code meet organizational requirements for quality.
* Plans, structures, and prioritizes bioinformatics analysis activities required for the PF-ILD strategy and portfolio projects. This includes coordination of technical details with experts in Ridgefield and at other sites, as well as with collaborators and contractors. Directly participates in analytical activities.
* Meets with TA leadership, internal research teams, external collaborators, and scientists. Interfaces with and participates in drug-discovery project teams as well as bioinformatics analysis teams. Works within a global, cross-functional organization. Interfaces with assigned Disease Translational Accelerator partners.
* Provides expert-level scientific and bioinformatics expertise within the PF-ILD area. Knowledge of current key datasets, therapeutic landscape and demographic/epidemiological considerations within PF-ILD is required.
* PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, or a similar discipline.
* Five or more years of relevant experience in drug discovery or biomedical research environment with at least two (2) years of experience in drug discovery with experience conducting projects in immune mediated diseases, such as PF-ILD.
* PF-ILD specific biology expertise, as well as drug discovery knowledge desired.
* Strong quantitative focus and excellent programming skills. Proficiency using R, Shiny and Bioconductor packages, as well as Python with a solid background in statistics and experimental design.
* Proven track record of designing, leading, and managing complex computational research projects.
* Experience with machine learning and deep learning is a plus.
* Previous experience in leading projects in disease domain relevant indications is a plus.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
* Highly motivated team player with excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here (https%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/covid-19) for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com (http%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com) and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a persons actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.