Minnesota Power seeks an Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our team in Cohasset, MN. Applications accepted through 1/19/22.
* Under supervision, performs routine to complex environmental engineering and compliance tasks requiring application of scientific theory and concepts in a particular field to several aspects such as data entry, data review and analysis, studies, testing, permitting, site remediation, compliance, auditing, waste management, inspections, regulatory analysis, to support compliance with existing and new environmental regulations and programs in the water quality and was etc.
* Performs administrative work relating to assignments.
* Has direct involvement with the Companys Environmental Management System (EMS) and coordination and management of the Environmental Management Information System (EMIS).
* Effective performance achieved through application of internal and professional practices and economics to assure compliance with all rules, regulations, and permits while maintaining reliable, cost effective service.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Degree within natural sciences or engineering preferred
Environmental Compliance Specialist I
* No experience required
* Experience with electric utility environmental regulations and compliance is preferred.
Environmental Compliance Specialist II
* Four years or more related experience.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Must have excellent computer, data management, and writing skills
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
* This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.