Founded with the mission to enable successful treatments for every patient, zPREDICTA, a Predictive Oncology Company, has developed organ-specific 3D cell culture technology replicating human tumor microenvironment for reliable identification of compounds with a high probability of success in the clinic. You will join a dynamic and agile team developing 3D tissue models to support anticancer drug development. You will be responsible for building a scientific team, directing internal R&D and external partner projects from conceptualization to execution, and contributing to the growth of zPREDICTA brand.
To be successful, you have to be excited by the fast-paced environment, be engaged while performing multiple roles, and possess a versatile set of technical skills. zPREDICTA offers competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k with matching, as well as equity ownership. You will have an opportunity to work side-by-side with the leadership team in a highly collaborative environment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and implement new organ-specific 3D tissue models for target discovery and efficacy and toxicity testing of anticancer agents
- Build and grow a versatile scientific team responsible for R&D and partner projects
- Participate in client meetings and prepare study plans and project budgets
- Support partner projects from study design through data analysis and report preparation
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related life science discipline, AND
- 2-5 years of industry experience; start-up experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of tumor biology and therapeutic trends
- In depth knowledge tumor microenvironment, specifically ECM and cellular heterogeneity
- Skilled in various cell culture methods: 2D, 3D, tumor-stroma-immune cell co-cultures
- Experience working with immuno-oncology agents
- Expertise in scaffold-based 3D cell culture
- Experience with various types of microscopy
- Knowledge of image processing and analysis packages (ImageJ. Photoshop)
- Expertise in assay development and optimization.
- Experience setting-up SOPs and developing protocols and procedures
- Cell culture of primary mammalian cells
- PDX models and culture of PDX tissue
- Organ-on-a-chip and/or microfluidic devices
- Organoid generation
- Flow cytometry
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE WORK AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
- Self-starter and innovator
- Team leader with creative ideas
- Focused, but capable of driving multiple projects
- Curious and independent thinker driven to solve problems
- Unafraid of working outside of the area of expertise and experimenting with new approaches
- Roll-up-your-sleeves and jump-in attitude
- Appreciate a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy teaching and learning
This position does not
offer immigration visa sponsorship.
This position does not
offer relocation benefits.
zPREDICTA is an equal opportunity employer.