GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME PART OF THE VITAQUEST FAMILY!
Vitaquest International is an industry-leading development and commercialization partner for consumer products in nutraceutical and functional foods. With over 40 years of history, Vitaquest has the market insight, global reach and scale of operations to support emerging and existing consumer brands from the idea to the store shelf with flawless execution in every phase. Today, Vitaquest creates and produces more than 4,000 customer formulas for more than 500 brands in over 40 countries.
Vitaquest's employees follow an internal communications plan to encourage productivity and engagement within the organization. This is known as Vitaquest PROUD. We believe that each employee contributes directly to the organization's growth and success. We are looking for individuals who share our innovative spirit and hope will take pride in being a part of our Company.Title:
Microbiology Lab SupervisorDepartment:
Quality ControlReports To:
QC Lab ManagerShift:
7:00 am to 3:30 pmPosition Purpose and Objectives
Organize and direct the operational activities of the Microbiology Lab. Provide oversight for method development, accreditation, and other operational laboratory initiative. Provide leadership and support to all laboratory personnel. Implement, and enforce quality controls and supporting systems to ensure that all laboratory generated results meet current GMPs requirements. Ensure laboratory is operated in accordance with established SOPs.
Performs microbiological testing as needed.Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- The Lab Supervisor prioritizes daily operational activities.
- Maintains staffing to achieve workload goals by adjusting personnel to meet peak demands.
- Provide turn-around-time (TAT) management.
- Prepares for and facilitates periodic customer or regulatory audits.
- Provides special project leadership (LIMS improvements, Operational best Practices, other)
- Performs annual reviews and creates and maintains job plans.
- Perform microbiological testing using USP and instrumental techniques.
- Maintain and record analytical data within prescribed notebooks.
- Provide peer review of another microbiologist's work as needed.
- Investigate Out of Specification Results.
- Maintain daily logs and documentation within the micro lab.
- Write new and update current SOP's related to the micro lab.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, LIMS, etc)
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
A dynamic and fast paced technical environment.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or other related science with relevant course work or experience in microbiology.Minimum Qualifications (cont.)
- Three - Five years previous laboratory supervisory experience.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Well organized.
- Detail oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Laboratory information management systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- USP methodology testing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microbiology Lab Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location