Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country. DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, DFS provides scheduled maintenance repairs and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
We are experiencing rapid growth across the nation and with growth brings opportunity. We are highly focused on building a strong safety culture throughout our organization.
This position requires a candidate with outstanding leadership skills and a passion for safety. Candidates must have at least 5 years of prior safety leadership experience. This candidate must have very good knowledge of DOT regulations, OSHA 29CFR and maintaining compliance for both.
The position of Safety Coordinator is a pivotal role helping to ensure safety, health and environmental compliance. This position will be responsible for working with all interdepartmental leadership to ensure overall compliance with both federal and local authorities. This individual will also help to achieve a successful and safe work environment that meets all organizational and regulatory requirements, as defined in the primary job duties section, below. We are seeking ambitious, innovative individuals with the ability to grow and maintain value-added relationships with our team, external customers and acquisitions.The Safety Coordinator will report directly to the VP of Safety, Health and Environmental. Your key objectives will include, but not limited to the following:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Assume lead role for Safety at our EMS office located 13720 E. 42nd Terrace S. Independence, MO 64055
- Assist the VP of Safety with the integration of EMS employees into Dickinson Fleet Services.
- Assist the VP of Safety with the investigation of injuries, vehicle accidents and near-misses.
- A strong knowledge of DOT Compliance to include; Driver qualification files, hours of services, driver fitness, DVIR, Annual inspections.
- Oversee the compliance of assigned regional areas regarding safety, health and environmental.
- Understand current organizational safety, health and environmental policies.
- To have knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations concerning work place safety.
- Establish plans and objectives to meet target goals. Reduce injuries and vehicle accidents.
- Ensure mobile fleet and towing vehicles remain in compliance with organizational polices and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT. Monitor FMCSA website.
- Ensure all safety equipment and supplies are available and being used on mobile service vehicles.
- Manage required audits and inspections and determine corrective action and follow up plans.
- Identify safety, health, and environmental hazards by performing risk assessments.
- Ensure injury and accident reporting process is followed.
- Conduct periodic shop and mobile safety audits to ensure compliance and improve workplace safety.
- Assist VP of Safety with coordinating training programs, which will increase proficiency in safe practice and promote safety implementation and awareness.
- Conduct new hire safety orientations.
- Understand emergency roadside maintenance safety requirements.
- Conduct specialty on site safety, health, and environmental training such as, environmental compliance, forklift certification, ergonomically related trainings, and CPR -First Aid on an as needed basis.
- Visit mobile customer sites to ensure compliance from both our employees and business partners.
- Maintain regional safety records to include the following: safety training, local permits and local governmental requirements.
- Perform Job hazard analysis. Assist with implementation of Safety Observation Program.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Develop relationships with regional leadership, employees, and customers.
- Provide regular reports and KPIs to VP of safety and report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a safety and environmental role.
- Strong understanding of OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations. Especially DOT and Driver Qualification.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to track information and conduct audits.
- Understand current safety, health, and environmental compliance. Be willing to receive additional training on OSHA compliance.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT).
- Can effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work well with others and achieve results through others, without having a direct line of authority over them.
- Must possess sound judgement skills, and the ability to prioritize work and deal with stress.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team; take initiative and prioritize personal workload.
- Ability to review complex information and relate it to the potentially diverse needs of both an individual and company.
- Flexible, methodical, highly motivated effective team player; ability to learn and assimilate new information and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to conduct field safety audits and ride alongs.
- Wiliness to undergo further training, as needed.
This position will be based out of Independence Missouri office. This position will require some travel. The travel requirement includes ensuring compliance in all areas of safety, health and environmental within the Emergency Maintenance Service (EMS) part of the business.WHY DICKINSON? Excellent benefits
: An excellent medical, dental and vision plan with a zero premium monthly contribution option, a 401(k) plan with company match, a wellness program and more.Strong values
: We're family owned, we value our people and we've created a culture based on strong values.Grow your skills
: We'll set you up for success with great training, as you come on board and on an ongoing basis.Accelerate your career
: History shows that strong performers can move up to a Lead or Manager role or follow other paths within our company.The stability of an industry leader:
Our passion for quality work and excellent customer service have helped us dominate our market. Our customers include some of the nation's largest fleet operatorsDFS is now part of Cox Automotive Group
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®. Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. Cox Automotive is a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they're just that - family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Environmental Health / Safety Work: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location