About Our Team
Founded over seventy years ago on dedication, teamwork, and family values, Sunview Vineyards continues to be one the largest family-owned and operated table grape vineyards in California. Premium quality is our foremost goal and we achieve this goal with dedicated and talented employees that have decades of experience and a passion for what we do. Discover an empowering and rewarding career by joining the Sunview Team today!Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive pay, comprehensive and affordable health + life insurance, 401(k) investment options with 100% employer matching up to 4%, and additional benefit options
- Direct mentorship and industry training from experienced company leaders
- Business casual dress code + culturally diverse work atmosphere
- Unique opportunities to learn production and distribution processes from a vertically integrated industry leader
- Sustainable quality farming and production practices from vine to market
- Gateway access to major California cities, the central coast and nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon)
- Exceptionally affordable central valley housing & overall Cost Of Living (COL) in our area. San Francisco housing costs 450.2% greater. Los Angeles housing costs 186.1% greater (Sperling's Best Places, 2018)
Sunview Vineyards is seeking a Safety professional to join our team. The Safety Specialist will be responsible for performing safety audits, training and incident investigations. This position is responsible for conducting classroom style training and maintaining compliance throughout the Company and all entities and implementing a positive safety culture.
This position will work out of our main office in McFarland, CA. For the sole purpose of increasing our job advertisement outreach, it has been posted to multiple surrounding cities nearby.Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Conduct safety observations and safety inspections throughout all areas of operation and provide appropriate safety recommendations.
- Perform daily "safety walk-throughs" and perform job hazard analysis of various work practices and recommend training, controls, and PPE to mitigate possible hazards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, safety policies, and best industry practices.
- Provide technical support to management and personnel regarding OSHA regulations, state environmental regulations, and federal DOT regulations.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting safety trainings and monthly supervisor meetings.
- Ensure required regulatory training is conducted, documented, and attendance records maintained for all employees.
- Responsible for accurate completion and submission of all incident reporting and investigations.
- Authorize treatment for injured employees, and transport employee to receive medical treatment when necessary.
- Keep management and supervisors informed on employee work status after they receive initial medical treatment.
- Assist in maintaining and updating safety program documents.
- Direct and assist employees in HR functions, such as, benefit or leaves of absence inquiries.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, and the ability to work independently.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, and prioritize the heavy work load.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate others and implement change.
- Must be a competent trainer and have excellent presentation skills.
- Competency in developing, implanting, and monitoring accidental prevention programs, policies and procedures to ensure continuous safe working condition in accordance with state, federal, and local laws and regulations.
- A combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities, which may include and Associate degree in Environmental Science, Health and Safety or related field.
- Three to five years professional experience in Safety.
- Pesticide Certificate, QAL, PAC, Confined Space, Forklift, ATV Certifications, and other safety related certifications.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and strong computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English); ability to translate training courses and Company documents.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability talk, listen and understand information and ideas presented.
- Must be able to reach, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, and occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
- Must have the physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Work is generally performed in an office, field, and cold storage exposure. Will frequently be exposed to environmental conditions, such as, extreme cold or extreme heat. Will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts, and toxic or caustic chemicals when performing safety inspections. Noise level varies depending on location, but typically is moderate to loud. Travel to all Company facilities is required.- Additional Information -Our Culture and Values
Sunview Vineyards of California, Inc. is a recognized industry leader and an innovative company that combines modern technology and family tradition throughout our operations. Dedication and teamwork maintain Sunview's commitment to excellence and premium quality, which is why every member of our team is instrumental to our success. With more than seventy years of history, the roots of the Sunview brand run deep and far with products arriving to more than fifty countries throughout the world.Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential in compliance with EEOC guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Safety (EHS, OH&S): 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location