Bluebonnet Labs is a growing ISO 17025 certified premier chemical and biological testing laboratory for the Cannabis Industry. We offer an exceptional work environment and long-term growth opportunities in this expanding market. If you work smart, play hard, and want to use your technical skills in a rapidly expanding laboratory sector, we'd love to hear from you! We are currently looking for a Lead microbiologist for our Texas location.Lead Microbiologist
The microbiologist will work closely with the Lab Director to execute sample microbial analysis for our cannabis testing clients using PCR instrumentation and plating techniques. This position must work under the current ISO 17025: 2017 standards and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assays.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extracting, running and analyzing PCR and preparing media for sample enrichment and plating
- Aseptically sampling a variety of cannabis-based products
- Aseptically plating and analyzing plates recording results on appropriate logs and within a LIMS
- Preparing samples for microbial testing according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must be able to perform, complete and document validations for the detection of microbial species in cannabis products
- Communicating with technicians and office staff throughout the workday, maintaining laboratory cleanliness and completing general office duties
- Routine analysis of samples using analytical procedures for which training has occurred.
- Provide scientific interpretation of results to supervisor, management, or customers as requested.
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Scientific writing for reporting, data management reporting, and ability to follow standard operating procedures is a must.
- Full training, proficiency and operation of the lab designated LIMS system for client samples
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of instruments and workspaces
. Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications and client samples
Completing daily checklists for the lab and assisting the Laboratory Director with additional projects or tasks in developing/ implementing laboratory procedures and in the design of laboratory experiments, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to train and supervise junior staff in areas of expertise.Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Microbiology, or related field is required.
- Experience with analytical microbiology techniques including, but not limited to real time PCR, culturing, plating, and counting microbial species.
- Method development work in different cannabis matrices and growth conditions is a plus
- Able to work independently and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact professionally with colleagues and bring up concerns immediately when you are faced with them
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent instrument and assay troubleshooting skills.
- Computer skills and experience in Windows and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Great leader, self-motivated, curious, and focused on continual improvement
- Experience working in Biosafety Cabinets using aseptic technique is a strong plus
- Experience with other analytical instrumentation is a strong plus
- Experience in high throughput, regulated, or ISO/IEC 17025 accredited labs is a strong plus
Ability to multitask and work well in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with cannabis analytical chemistry techniques and testing is an advantage
Bluebonnet Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location