OEC is seeking a bright, science-oriented individual to join our team! We are a fast-paced, full service environmental testing lab equipped with couriers, field technicians, samplers, and multiple analytical departments. We test a variety of samples including wastewater, drinking water, produced water and solids.
Ever wonder how an oilfield knows whether their waste can go into the local landfill?
We help determine whether or not it is safe by running a suite of analyses to determine whether it is hazardous or not.
Ever wonder how a brewery knows its discharge will not harm a local stream?
We test for a variety of chemical characteristics including its Biological Oxygen Demand to ensure nearby streams are safe from O2 depletion.
Ever wonder who makes sure your local drinking water is bacteria free?
We currently have openings for a full time positions in our Volatile (VOC) Organics department, Semi-volatile Organics department (SVOC's) and our Wet Chemistry/Microbio department. Regardless of department, an analyst's main job is to help complete analyses and data packages for clients. Each department has their unique methods and challenges, so when interviewing we will ask specific questions that help us understand where you might best fit on our team. Most of our methods are EPA and Standard Methods which are industry-wide.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possess a bachelors degree in a physical science (chemistry/ biochem degree is a plus)
- Be familiar with laboratory technique and current analytical practices
- Be familiar with laboratory instrumentation
- Be extremely reliable and punctual
- Have excellent organization skills
- Be able to work independently and take initiative
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- analytical chemistry, instrumental analysis, quantitative chemistry
- non-academic lab experience (unless your academic experience exceeds the norm)
- GC/FID and/or GC/MS experience
Full time employees are eligible for health benefits, retirement benefits and LTD Insurance as well as accrued vacation time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour