At iBio, we re growing tomorrow s biologics with our FastPharming® System for high-quality, eco-friendly production of recombinant proteins using plants. At our 130,000 square foot manufacturing facility and headquarters in Bryan, Texas, we combine vertical farming, automated hydroponics, and molecular biology to produce therapeutics, vaccines and products for life science research and bioprocessing. We re putting these capabilities to work for our clients via our array of contract development and manufacturing services, as well as deploying them for the advancement of our own pipeline of therapeutics, vaccines, and products for research & bioprocessing applications. We ve recently expanded our footprint to San Diego where our early-stage drug discovery team is pioneering the next generation of biopharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancers, as well as fibrotic and infectious diseases.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know extraordinary things happen when individual talent, technology, and a great mission cross paths: the opportunity to create an outstanding team and a world-class company. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success to continue to build a leading biotechnology and development services organization.
Apply now for our Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
position and help bring the power of plants to the biopharmaceutical industry!MISSION OF THE POSITION
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and highly motivated Associate Scientist with a strong background in molecular and cell biology. She/he will perform experiments to screen novel therapeutic agents and decipher disease mechanism using molecular biology and cell biology techniques.WORK LOCATION
The Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
role is located is San Diego, California.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Perform routine cell culture, mammalian cell transfections and/or transductions.
- Design and perform in vitro biochemical experiments and cell-based assays
- Analyze, organize, and present data to project teams
- Present data at scientific conferences and publish data in scientific journals
- Maintain clear and accurate lab notebook and documentations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent scientific and technical knowledge in molecular and cell biology.
- Collaborative and flexible team player with excellent communication skills with senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to do multi-tasks in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- BS, MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related field in Biomedical Sciences.
- Five or more years of industry experience in molecular and cell biology is required for BS.
- Three or more years of industry experience in molecular and cell biology is required for MS.
- One or more years of industry experience in molecular and cell biology; and/or 0-3 years of relevant postdoctoral training with experience in leading research projects for PhD.
- Proficiency in cell culture techniques and in vitro cell-based assay is required.
- Experience in isolation and culture of PMBCs from human blood is required.
- Expertise in multicolor flow cytometry (4+ colors), MSD, qPCR, fluorescence and luminescence based assays, ELISA, Western blot.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, FlowJo, GraphPad Prism
- Level will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time