Currently seeking a dynamic Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Leader to join a leading sustainable technologies supplier for treatment and processing facilities across the US. The EHS&S Manager will be responsible for the implementation, control and compliance with Company and Federal Safety policies, procedures and regulations as well as provide leadership and direction to the operational teams to improve safety metrics. This position is also responsible for Security in a manufacturing environment. We are seeking an experienced and collaborative individual able to manage this facility and establish relationships with employees across the division for a safer environment. They will also be responsible for leading daily operations functions in line with safety and compliance guidelines to create a healthy work environment
The EHS&S Manager will be a visible leader and play a major role in establishing a positive culture promoting a favorable and productive environment for all employees. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS & Security and related policies, laws and procedures.
- Accountable for Emergency Response functions, roles and responsibilities in accordance with site emergency response plan.
- Supports management/supervision to ensure all site associates understand and comply with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS & Security and related policies and procedures
- Ensures that the company personnel are adequately trained with respect to Environmental, Safety, Health, and Security matters
- Establish Environmental, Safety, Health and Security goals for the facility and develop programs to achieve the goals and decrease incidents
- Coordinate internal audits as required to ensure the safety management system is being adequately followed by both management and the work force. Leads the plant in preparing for and compliance with all Corporate Safety Audit requirements.
- Leads communication on learning from internal and/or external incident investigations and ensure integration of the new learning.
- Leads security efforts at the plant in complying with Department of Homeland Security requirements.
- Submits on-time reports to the correct department and/or regulatory agency.
- Responsible for all safety-related permit programs.
- Maintain and promote a team relationship within the site operations team.
- Oversee the testing of air quality, noise, and temperature levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations and perform or direct environmental monitoring as required by permits
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, occupational diseases, near misses and environmental issues / misses to determine root causes and preventive measures
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or related field from an accredited college or university, ideally a Master's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience leading EHS in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment or with a regulatory agency
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills, self-starter and proactive individual
- Knowledge of EH&S issues including regulations, air and water permitting, hazardous waste, OSHA
- Knowledge of EHS tracking and training systems as well as workers comp programs