X-Therma, a venture backed medtech company pioneers ground-breaking cold chain technology via a convergent biopreservation platform, to advance Regenerative Medicine and make available safe and on-demand organs, engineered tissues, and cell & gene therapies to patients in need. X-Therma has made a quantum leap in demonstrating significant extension of organ shelf-life from a few hours to a few days in collaboration with a World leading surgical team. This is a paradigm shift that could make worldwide organ sharing possible and eliminate organ waiting lists across the globe. X-Therma collaborates with renowned research institutions and is supported by the US Department of Defense, National Science Foundation, and the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine.
We appreciate talented, driven, and fearless teammates looking to make a positive impact for the World. We work with our values of Dreamer, Perseverance, Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Support to build X-Therma culture. Only then can X-Therma work like a big family to complete the ultimate challenges. At the same time, we focus on personal growth and would like to offer our team the best opportunity to achieve their professional goal. Here, you will feel ownership of the product, the passion, and the mission.
We are in the San Francisco East Bay, not only known for its beautiful scenery and comfortable weather all year round, but also you can truly embrace the breath of innovation and dream building spirit of San Francisco at 30% lower cost of living!
Check out the team you will work with:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6863381188938203136/Overview of Responsibilities:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will excel in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup company, enjoys working on a varied range of projects, and taking on process operation challenges. The associate will primarily be responsible for performing and directing hands-on lab activity including independently designing and executing cell-based experiments to validate the company product in the lab, preparing documents, performing data analysis and presenting results to the scientific team. This is a unique opportunity to tackle a wide range of cell-based applications that will shape the future of cryopreservation. Team integration is a critical component of this position and you are expected to work closely with your teammates and supervisor.
Highly interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a specific cover letter.Required experience and skills:
Preferred experience and skills:
- B.S./M.S. in biology, biomedical engineering, tissue engineering or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience with mammalian cell culture (e.g. cell lines, primary cells, transformed cells)
- Experience performing cell-based assays (viability assays, metabolic assays, fluorescence staining, RT-PCR/qPCR etc.) working in a BSL2 environment under GXP conditions and analysis of collected data
- Experience performing the full cycle of cell culture, expansion, preservation, thawing and functional analysis of mammalian cells
- Excellent ability to report results both orally and in writing
- Clear ability to organize, plan and multitask to complete projects
- Takes pride in completing tasks with diligence
- Demonstrates full attention to detail
- Has the proactive attitude for all tasks to benefit the small team environment
- Performs as a true team player; no task is too big or too small for you
- Takes initiative to improve work processes, develop innovative methodologies and approaches to enhance research productivity
- Maintains enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, very flexible start-up environment
- Eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and effective with multiple tasks
- Ability to complete tasks with decreasing supervision over time
- Compliance with all EHS regulations
- Must be able to work in a laboratory without prohibitive limitations
- Able to physically lift up to 50lbs and assist in moving/installing laboratory equipment
- Knowledgeable in stem cell and immune cell culture and maintenance
- 2+ years' experience in planning basic experiments and performing primary analysis of data to enable interpretation of experiments
- Buffer preparation and storage
- Can analyze and interpret own data of experiments
Every individual at X-Therma has a direct impact on our collective mission to improve access to organ transplantation worldwide and save millions lives. It is part of X-Therma's values to satisfy your personal development goals to become better every day.
· Competitive base salary
· Employee Stock Option Plan
· Health, vision and dental benefits
· 401(k) savings plan
· Safe work environment for COVID and high-quality PPEs.
· Monthly happy hours, weekly lunch drawings, and more!
X-Therma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. X-Therma does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.