Hansoh Bio is a U.S.-based research & development subsidiary of Hansoh Pharma, the 2nd largest biopharmaceutical company in China and 6th largest in Asia by market capitalization of approximately $27 billion currently. Since establishment in 1995, Hansoh Pharma has been discovering and developing life-changing medicines to help patients. Our rapidly growing workforce of 9,000+ employees, and our fully integrated research and development, manufacturing and commercial capabilities have propelled us into leadership positions across a broad range of therapeutic areas, including CNS, oncology, infectious disease, and metabolic disorders. With 1,400 professionals across multiple R&D functions, we rank 2nd in innovation among all Chinese biotech and pharmaceutical companies based on new molecular entities developed for clinical development. We raised $1.6 billion from global top-tier institutional investors through an IPO on Hong Kong Stock Exchange in June 2019.
Hansoh Bio is a biotech devoted to discovering and developing breakthrough therapies that conquer serious diseases and disorders for patients around the world.
For more information, please visit www.hspharm.com.
THE POSITIONS - SCIENTIST / SENIOR SCIENTIST in Fundamental Research (Discovery Biology)
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and experienced scientist to join our discovery team in Rockville, Maryland. The candidate is expected to lead the biology effort in our oligonucleotide-based programs in multiple disease areas with high unmet medical needs. Candidates shall have expertise in molecular and cellular biology including in vitro and in vivo assay development, tissue culture, oligonucleotide transfection and delivery, mRNA and protein quantification. The team will be focusing on the discovery and characterization of novel siRNA drug candidate for a wide spectrum of human diseases. Candidates are expected to explore and apply new technological tools, methodologies and knowledge to expand our research capabilities. The successful candidate will work directly with members of the project teams, cross-functional teams and corporate partners to support our pre-clinical programs. The position offers exciting career growth opportunity in the trendy field of oligonucleotide-based therapies.
- Lead generation and optimization efforts to support multiple projects across company.
- Develop all necessary assays to fully characterize pre-clinical candidate.
- Design and perform key experiments with efficiency, accuracy and quality.
- Promptly conduct data analysis and provide report and summary to project team and stakeholders.
- Record experimental details and maintain laboratory notebooks to support the company Intellectual property position.
- File invention disclosure promptly with company as the idea is proposed.
- Comply with laboratory safety policies, practices and complete all required trainings.
- Maintain positive, inclusive and professional working relationships with colleagues.
- Attend appropriate external scientific meetings and, when possible, present data approved by legal representative.
- Additionally, for experienced candidates
- Manage CRO partners for animal model testing.
- Provide research leadership for projects from lead identification, lead optimization to pre-clinical development.
- Contribute to the development and execution of company research strategies.
- Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences with minimal 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in drug
- discovery (small molecule or siRNA) in an industry setting is preferred.
- Track record of achievement in terms of publications and patent applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a team environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology (cell transfection, RT-PCR, western blot,
- cellular imaging, flow analysis, Elisa analysis).
- Experience working with animal models.
- Experience in GraphPad Prism software.
- Leader behavior that will inspire and engage staff and colleagues across R&D
- Open to work independently but also in a collaborative manner with local and cross site teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative, innovative and inquisitive personality
- Strong team player that brings people along through a supportive, engaged and creative way of working
- Ability to multitask, efficiently organize time and plan specifics of work
For experienced candidates
- Working knowledge of liver biology (preferred), immunology or cancer cell biology.
- Working knowledge of nucleic acid-based therapeutics development is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in drug discovery projects
- Experience in managing CROs to ensure timely delivery a plus
Company provides competitive compensation with health, dental and vision coverage, as well as a matching 401K
Hansoh Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hansoh does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal,
state, or local law. Hansoh Bio is an E-Verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year