Job Overview:Labcorp Drug Development (formerly Covance)
is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical and regulatory expertise. Together with our clients, we support the development of innovative, life-changing treatments.Specimen Processing Technician-Study Tech
position located in our Greenfield IN location is responsible for the timely and accurate receipt, retrieval, processing and storage of laboratory samples in compliance with GLP guidelines, study protocols and standard operating procedure, as well as managing the inventory of biological samples. Work hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm and once trained will work every 3rd weekend (both Saturday and Sunday), duties include but not limited to;
- Will use multiple laboratory techniques in the extraction and storage of specimens including but not limited to pipetting, centrifugation, deep freeze storage and liquid nitrogen storage.
- Receives and accession incoming samples, learns how to interpret a protocol to process specimen
- Processes and packages biological samples for shipment to client ensuring completion of all required documentation for shipment
- Records and documents on the appropriate data collection system
- Compiles required documentation and package biological samples for shipping
- Handle all details required for shipment of samples (receiving, storage, inventory and verification) using Study protocol and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs. Reviews own data and identifies potential problems.
- Daytime work hours, schedule Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and working every 3rd weekend both Saturday and Sunday. OT may be required.
- Starting pay rate $18.00 excellent benefits package includes: 24 days of personal time off, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
- Excellent growth opportunities with regular merit increases and opportunities to grow your research skills
We provide extensive training -- open to a variety of backgrounds!
AS/BS in Biology, Microbiology, Zoology, Animal Welfare, Chemistry, Immunology, Biotechnology, Wildlife Management, Ecology or related Science majors
2 years of college but not degree with courses such as Biology, Anatomy, Microbiology, or related fields
Associates or Bachelor's degree in non-related field and 1-2 years of hands on laboratory experience or research experience ideally including biological sample processing
HS Diploma or GED and 4+ years of related experience such as but not required laboratory or specimen processing Experience:
Preferred but not required 1+ years of experience doing pipetting, prior laboratory experience preferred. Good computer skills. Must be able to work in fast paced environment that includes goals for production goals and quality measurements