Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring an Environmental Risk Manager to join our team at Shenandoah, Parks & Resorts in Luray, Virginia. As an Environmental Risk Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all current environmental compliance and safety programs, including implementation, monitoring, reporting and inspecting operations to meet National Park Service and county, state and federal regulations. In addition, the Environmental Risk Manager will support and implement GreenPath program initiatives.
- Oversee and manage compliance with a focus on underground tanks, spill prevention control and counter measure plan, service station, hazardous materials, stationary generator, universal waste, electronic waste and others to meet regulatory requirements.
- Manage solid waste programs to increase landfill diversion rate and meet GreenPath zero waste goals.
- Create and implement long and short-term strategic plans, and manage reporting requirements, track data and communicate results.
- Perform regular field visits and conduct inspections to verify compliance and program support from the operations for environmental and risk safety programs.
- Ensure OSHA safety protocols are in place and are being monitored.
- Participate in budget analysis and evaluate financial impacts for environmental projects.
- Provide environmental and safety training to associates.
- Collaborate and establish good working relationships with Parks and Resorts Director of Compliance and Sustainability, National Park Service and other regulators as necessary, verify contract deliverables, meet reporting requirements and implement projects.
Who We Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in environmental management or sustainability.
- Experience working with federal or state contracts is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a national park is preferred.
- Hold a valid Driver's License.
- Previous upervisory experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with environmental management and sustainability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work closely with other departments.
- Excellent customer service, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.