About The Role
We are looking for an outstanding intern to join the 10x Genomics Molecular Biology Team. The intern will support activities related to molecular biology protocols and high throughput assays. You should be passionate about science, excited about making great products, data-driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative and truly multi-disciplinary environment answering some of the most complex questions. You will collaborate closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, chemistry and microfluidics, and apply your skills and knowledge to optimize and evaluate new assays in the areas of single cell or spatial transcriptomics.What You Will Be Doing
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need
- Execution of experiments for the development of novel spatial assay schemes including molecular barcoding, nucleic acid amplification, and NGS library preparation
- Support and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization
- Work closely with other Scientists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Maintain accurate records through diligent experimental observations and data tracking
- Clearly communicate and present results
Additional skills that are highly valued but not required include:
- Current BS or MS student in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related studies
- General laboratory techniques with high attention to accurate pipetting and multichannel pipetting skills
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform complex multi-step experiments with detailed and diligent attention to planning, organization, hands-on technique, and record keeping
- Good understanding of standard molecular biology techniques, which may include sample preparation, nucleic acid purification (RNA/DNA), NGS and/or DNA sequencing, and PCR and/or qPCR
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires real-time communication, flexibility, working well with others, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
- Familiarity with microscopy skills, including immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry
- Experience with next generation sequencing library preparation workflows
- Experience with PCR and/or qPCR
- Experience with executing high-throughput assays
- Experience with tissue culture or tissue handling
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.