About the Role:
FTI Consulting (NYSE: FCN) is a global business advisory firm and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work for by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes.
FTI is expanding its Corporate Governance and Activism team. FTI's Corporate Governance and Activism experts understand that maintaining shareholder support is integral to making sure our clients' strategies are executed smoothly. We help clients navigate today's markets by understanding shareholder expectations, addressing investor concerns, and communicating corporate values. Our team of former market practitioners and ESG experts understand investor perspectives and are uniquely qualified to advise corporations around the globe on complex governance issues, helping them navigate all aspects of any contested situation.What You'll Do:
This role involves working across FTI's client base to consult on ESG for a range of industry sectors including Life Sciences, Real Estate, Energy, Financial Services, Technology Media and Telecommunications, and Industrials. Our clients view FTI as a trusted advisor across all areas of their business and are increasingly looking for our support as they become more ambitious in their approach to ESG. You will support them throughout the journey from initial consultancy to developing robust ESG strategies and reports.
ESG is a major strategic focus within FTI. Our approach is influenced by our knowledge of the many factors driving ESG scrutiny and regulation including public policy, investor relations, corporate reputation, and commercial risks and opportunities. You will join a network of committed practitioners across FTI in both the U.S. and international markets. On some assignments you may partner with subject matter experts in clean energy and decarbonization strategies, people and transformation, public affairs, and more.
From materiality assessments and sustainability reporting to calculation of IRR of sustainability efforts, net-zero strategies, supply chain audits, and ESG-related internal investigations, among many other offerings, our diverse team guides clients throughout their ESG journey.
FTI Consulting provides extensive support as clients navigate today's evolving sustainability demands and expectations, no matter the stage of their ESG program. We have created ESG programs from scratch, supporting the development of management oversight and governance, the selection of authentic metrics and goals, and the promotion of a company's achievements through communication and stakeholder engagement. Similarly, we have helped clients evolve already sophisticated programs, allowing them to stay ahead of their peers and remain at the forefront of sustainability.
Among others, our offer to clients includes:
How You'll Grow:
- Sustainability/ESG Report Development
- ESG Strategy Guidance
- ESG Benchmarking, Discovery, and Analysis
- ESG Workshops and Engagements with Investors and Other Stakeholders
- Governance Counsel
- Shareholder Activism Defense
- Ad-hoc projects
FTI is a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, and this role will allow you to apply your existing skills to a business that is rapidly scaling its ESG offering. You will gain exposure to clients at all stages of their evolution, from companies just beginning their ESG journey to ESG leaders in their respective industries. You will also be closely engaging with executive teams and board members of clients.
While you provide strategic counsel to clients, you will also have the opportunity along the way to learn from experts both on the Corporate Governance and Activism team and other teams within FTI. You will have the opportunity to contribute to and engage with internal and external initiatives that we deliver as part of our business consultancy offer to clients. These include training and webinars sharing ESG best practice with colleagues, to thought leadership offered to all FTI clients and prospects. You will also be actively involved in the business development process, helping identify and prospect potential clients.
In this role you will understand and live by FTI's values, Code of Ethics and the Strategic Communications Rules of Practice, and work with staff to embed these concepts within the firm's culture.
The role reports to a Director on the Corporate Governance and Activism team.The Ideal Candidate:
This role will suit someone who has strong problem-solving abilities, research capabilities, attention to detail, and has a fervent desire to learn and evolve professionally and in the ESG space specifically. The candidate should also be an independent thinker, organized, have strong time management skills, and a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate has strong writing abilities and/or experience delivering insights from data.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 1 years' experience working in capital markets, consultancy, investor relations, public/environmental policy, or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials to degree level (preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher); sustainability/ESG or related (e.g., climate change) qualifications welcome
- Awareness of current and emerging ESG-related trends (regulatory, investing, commercial, etc.) and frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.)
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s)
- COVID vaccine required*
- Analytical and problem-solving ability with a strong research background
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong formal writing skills and ability to write in a thoughtful and concise manner
- Familiarity and comfort with excel and delivering insights from data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to deliver insights to clients
- Comfortable with client communication and managing projects in a process-oriented manner
- Self-directed and motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter, independent, and creative thinker
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, think quickly, and be flexible
- An energetic and quick learner with a strong work ethic and time management skills
- Consultative and collaborative approach in addressing client or colleague needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing needs and expectations
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.Our Benefits
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
About FTI Consulting
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.