Do you have dissection experience? Are you interested in Histology? Necropsy? Pathology?
We are seeking talented science majors in the fields of Biology, Physiology, Animal Science, Zoology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology and similar majors to work as a Study Technician (Research Assistant) in Greenfield, IN. Sign-on Bonus: $4,000 ($2,000 upon hire and $2,000 after 6 months)
Labcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines. You will also monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) compliance. Our mission is to improve lives and bring new medicines to market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
How you will be rewarded
- Performs basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology.
- Trim wet tissues.
- Embed tissues into paraffin.
- Tissue staining techniques.
You'll have access to growth opportunities empowering your career journey with
- Pay rate: $18 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus: $4,000 ($2,000 upon hire and $2,000 after 6 months)
- Work primarily 1 st shift, with some overtime
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to two educational assistance programs and paid holidays
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
*Applies to candidates that start on or before February 28, 2021#LI-DZ1 Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
- Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- No professional lab experience required.