Job Overview: We have an exciting opportunity for recent December 2021 or May 2022 grads to join our Pathology team in Madison, WI, Greenfield, IN or Somerset, NJ! Company Overview:
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions-because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Here, you can apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors to pursue advances in animal welfare and research the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies. Your work will help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies create life-saving vaccines and medicines that make a real impact on people's lives.About the Team: Pathology
What to Expect:
- In this lab-based role you you'll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples and will work with animal samples and tissues daily.
You will be performing basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines.
How you will be rewarded:
- Prepares tissues/ samples for inventory and archiving
- Performing multiple tissue freezing techniques and measuring of tissues
- Performing histological trimming, bagging of tissues, and embedding
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
Wo rking with our Pathology Teams:
You'll have access to growth opportunities
- Sign on Bonus Eligible!
- Work Primarily 1st Shift
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate between December 2021 and May 2022 Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Life Sciences, Histology, Laboratory Animal Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
- Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- No professional experience required.