The role of the Senior Research Associate is to ensure the successful execution of studies, and the maintenance of scientific quality and associated documentation.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Plan, execute, and troubleshoot outsourced in vitro pharmacology studies by independently conducting cell support and in vitro assays.
- Assists in the design, development, and/or execution of studies preventing protocol deviations and/or leading to the development of improvements in study execution.
- Collect, analyze, record, summarize data, and interpret results.
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Write and/or review SOPs.
- Supervises junior research associates, and train interns or new hires in the laboratory.
- Generally responsible for the scientific operations of a small team, their training and their supervision.
- Assist with managerial responsibilities if needed.
- Adherence to Quality System.
- Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Requires at least 5 years of related hands on laboratory experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques and familiar with cell support for CDX/Syngeneic models.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in immunology, cell biology and/or virology techniques including ELISA, immunoblot, mammalian cell culture in large scale and 3D Cell Culture.
- Background in cancer cell biology required.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems without supervision.
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines.
- Flexible team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet.
- Familiarity with GraphPad Prism.
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.