Naturex Inc. is a leading manufacturer of natural botanical extracts. We are currently searching for an Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist to join our team in South Hackensack, NJ.
As our EH&S Specialist, you will develop, implement, and maintain EH&S programs following all regulatory compliance requirements in our North American Flavor Sites.
- Promote Excellence: Provide program implementation assistance with setting and executing safety standards. Coordinate and maintain environmental regulatory permits and programs including inspections and submittals for air, water and waste. Help build sustainability projects (tracking and reporting), and with EH&S training. Manage risk and promote culture change to reduce the probability of EH&S incidents.
- Manage Data Integrity: Coordinate data management requirements for environmental reporting, annual EH&S reports, performance measurements, regulatory compliance assessment and audit pro-gram follow-up. Maintain and coordinate Process Safety Management (PSM) policies.
- Mentor and Collaborate: Support all Site EH&S training for our employees and contractors. Deploy behavior-based safety programs. Promote safety awareness and improve the safety of the site by guiding issues identified to closure. EH&S expert for the site and member of the Emergency Response Team. Coordinate risk assessments and provide solutions to minimize risks.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel
- The ability to lead through influence is critical for success in this role
- Strong attention to details, accuracy of work and timelines required
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities
- Exercise independent judgment with proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent customer service orientation with flexibility and adaptability to work as a member of the team and respond quickly to changes as required by the business
- Strong communication skills required to communicate to multiple user groups from site ownership to technician level
Your professional profile includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Life/Physical Science, Environmental Engineering, Safety, or Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, EHS or other related field is required
- 3 years of experience developing EHS programs in a manufacturing, chemical or consumer products manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and environmental permitting/reporting
- CHMM and/or ASP/CSP preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of workers' compensation claims management from a site perspective
- Familiarity with HSE codes, regulations, laws, and consensus standards required
- Experience in more complex software programs and experience utilizing HRIS, SAP or related systems preferred
- Designation as or ability to obtain a Certified Safety Specialist (CSP). Naturex will encourage and support the pursuit of the CSP designation
- Experience interpreting the intent of regulations and recommending practical solutions
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners. Naturex embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All visitors and employees must complete daily temperature screenings, social distancing, and wearing provided disposable mask while onsite.
Work Location: One location