Primary duties include the following:
- Supports the development of new single-cell genomics assays and technologies.
- Performs experiments to evaluate and optimize, verify and validate new assay methods, under the general supervision of a senior-level scientist.
- Contributes to the development of new procedures and user guides including writing, editing, and providing input.
- Follows protocols, prepares technical product development reports and summaries.
- Tabulates and analyzes experimental data of moderate complexity.
- Presents data at group meetings.
- Works under general supervision with moderate supervision.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- General knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with the operation of routine molecular biology laboratory instruments.
- NGS based assay experience preferred.
- Understanding of biostatistics principle. Data analysis using Excel or similar programs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work with complex assays/protocols, e.g., NGS library preparation, etc.
- Ability to keep accurate and complete laboratory records and logs.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a biological science discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience